Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Add Bluetooth on 2008 Tahoe LTZ

Old January 29th, 2010, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add Bluetooth on 2008 Tahoe LTZ

I just notice by reading these threads that my 2008 Tahoe that I just bought does not have bluetooth but the 2009s have this feature. Is there anyway to get the OEM parts from the 09 Tahoe in my 08 to get the bluetooth functionality?
I know there are after market products out there that can provide the same thing but I was wanting to get the factory hardware for a clean and seamless install.

Any ideas...or am I stuck with crapStar

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2010, 8:06 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Subject:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Adding Bluetooth® Option RPO UPF Or UWE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Models:</TD><TD vAlign=top>2007-2010 All Passenger Car and Trucks</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR>This PI was superseded to add RPO UWE. Please discard PIT4864.
<HR>The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:

Technical assistance has received several calls from dealers requesting assistance to upfit their vehicle to include the Bluetooth feature RPO UPF or UWE
Recommendation/Instructions:

There are no provisions to up-fit vehicles with this option. This feature is ONLY available on vehicles built with option UPF, UWE or offered within an equipment option group (i.e LTZ or SLE type package).
Please do not call Technical Assistance, PARTECH or Techline Customer Support Centers with questions on how to add this feature.

some users of the forums have been using a product call bluefusion with some luck. It uses the factory radio and steering wheel controls. I personally cannot vouch for it as i haven't seen it in action

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID...productID/1679