Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Bluetooth Add on

Old April 7th, 2012, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Add on

We just purchased a used 2012 Traverse that was previously a rental car. In the parking lot after the purchase I tried to pair my iPhone to the bluetooth with out any luck. The Salesman was still there and stated that it must have a problem and that when we brought it back in (for a few other upgrades they owe us) they would look at it and fix it. Now that I am home and did some research I have figure out that the fleet and rental vehicles that do not come equipped for onstar will not have bluetooth capability either.

My question is how to add bluetooth capability. Should there still be a microphone? There are slots in the dash where the mic should be. The buttons are all present on the steering wheel. This is why I assumed that it had the capability. Is this a simple add on or am I forced to put on an aftermarket device?

Thanks for your help from a new forum user.
Old April 18th, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your dealer should be able to install an Onstar module which has the bluetooth in it with no problems.