Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bluetooth questions

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2020 | 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bluetooth questions

I purchased a 2009 suburban about 8 months ago from non. Chevy dealer. It has the OnStar on the mirror the rear tv nav xm CD etc. I was
having trouble with the screen on the radio when I got it so I drove back the 1p0 miles to have it replaced. They did it, or so they claimed but the nav cd didn't work. They sent me new one...same problem. Then went back they finally got the right one and chevy had to program it. 5 hours later same problem screen going ON AND OFF. Went back this week had to leave it 4 days as they claimed they had purchased a new factory radio. Got it back but made sure to check everything out before the 200 mile round trip. Now bluetooth wont reprogram. It worked fine before. They said I would have to come back in a week and leave it again so they could send it to chevy again as they thought chevy forgot to program it. I said I would take it yo chevy near.me instead
I hold down steering call button 3 seconds but instead of "ready" it just beeps and switches me to am radio. I was reading forum and found a comment that I had to have onstar for it to work. The OnStar light is on, xm works all audio is good and nav works although it is sketchy. When I use the onstar buttom it says I dont have service. I never had it that I know of. And yet did have Bluetooth before. I don't want to spend money on ONSTAR if I dont need it. Suggestions, will Chevy just program? Help please.

Last edited by Roxie Platt; February 12th, 2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old February 13th, 2020 | 4:02 AM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by Roxie Platt
I purchased a 2009 suburban about 8 months ago from non. Chevy dealer. It has the OnStar on the mirror the rear tv nav xm CD etc. I was
having trouble with the screen on the radio when I got it so I drove back the 1p0 miles to have it replaced. They did it, or so they claimed but the nav cd didn't work. They sent me new one...same problem. Then went back they finally got the right one and chevy had to program it. 5 hours later same problem screen going ON AND OFF. Went back this week had to leave it 4 days as they claimed they had purchased a new factory radio. Got it back but made sure to check everything out before the 200 mile round trip. Now bluetooth wont reprogram. It worked fine before. They said I would have to come back in a week and leave it again so they could send it to chevy again as they thought chevy forgot to program it. I said I would take it yo chevy near.me instead
I hold down steering call button 3 seconds but instead of "ready" it just beeps and switches me to am radio. I was reading forum and found a comment that I had to have onstar for it to work. The OnStar light is on, xm works all audio is good and nav works although it is sketchy. When I use the onstar buttom it says I dont have service. I never had it that I know of. And yet did have Bluetooth before. I don't want to spend money on ONSTAR if I dont need it. Suggestions, will Chevy just program? Help please.
I killed the Onstar on my Bu. Setting up Bluetooth goes into setting on the display with your BT device on. turn dial to BT, Hit the button and it might present a code number, but mine works fine without doing that.
Old February 13th, 2020 | 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
I killed the Onstar on my Bu. Setting up Bluetooth goes into setting on the display with your BT device on. turn dial to BT, Hit the button and it might present a code number, but mine works fine without doing that.
I have tried the setup in the manual and it will not pair and my phone cannot connect. When I hit bluetooth on phone it will scan but cant find truck. It worked before.
Old February 13th, 2020 | 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

[Update. Spoke to chevy dealer who did the one month free onstar so that I could see if it would then allow my phone to pair. It didn't work
they are going to have a tech call me. My phone is not on the list of uncompatable. So we will see