Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Body Harness Jumper X452

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Harness Jumper X452

I am looking for the location of connector X452 (Liftgate Jumper to Body Jumper Harness) for SPO Rear Vision Camera. I cannot find on any of the diagrams where this jumper is located or where it connects. It is listed in document ID# 2281110. Any help would be appreciated. 2009 Suburban.
Old November 1st, 2009, 12:57 PM
CF Active Member

I found this harness from autostrata.com. It is from the GM kit they sell for the Siera and Silverado. I am assuming they will provide GM with a kit for Suburban as well. Anyway, attached is the harness with the connector end that I have been looking for. I am still in need of X452 Harness part# listed above from GM.
Attached Thumbnails Body Harness Jumper X452-rear-vision-parts_5.jpg  
Old November 1st, 2009, 8:08 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Its in the liftgate.
its the harness that goes from the rear applique, throught the sheet metal(with a rubber boot) and comes out with 2 conectors, one for the lights, and the other for the camera
Old November 2nd, 2009, 8:21 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by shawnvw
Its in the liftgate.
its the harness that goes from the rear applique, throught the sheet metal(with a rubber boot) and comes out with 2 conectors, one for the lights, and the other for the camera
I don't think thats it Shawn. If its in the liftgate I think you are referring to harness connector X900 according to the GM Harness zoning documentation. X452 should be somewhere from the rear door up to but not including the liftgate.

If it is what you are referring to then what harness does it connect to? What is the part#? I only have one connector coming out of my applique (I havnt actually removed the old one, so I'm not sure it exists inside the applique) but I did take off the liftgate trim to expose the wires and its not there. Also, there is only one License lamp Harness listed for the vehicle regardless of it coming with a (UVC) camera or not.

This camera kit part#19171822 says it comes with a liftgate harness. I'm not sure what liftgate harness they are referring to.

Thanks Shawn, I'm trying to map this out and GM doesnt have all the info on their doc system.

Last edited by mirage00; November 2nd, 2009 at 8:31 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

well just so you know, X452 is not a harness description. It is a connector description\location. That connector (both male and femals halves) houses all the wires for the reverse camera. and it is located, as per GM:
X452 (6 Cavities) (SPO Rear Vision Camera) In vehicle liftgate</TD></TD></TR>
Old November 3rd, 2009, 8:54 AM
CF Active Member

Thanks Shawn. Ok.. I guess Im back to square one. I have the Rear Vision Camera and I am trying to determine what harnesses are needed and what/where they connect from the SPO Rear Vision Camera connector forward.

The GM rear vision camera kit is on backorder and its been delayed it 3 times already. I was hoping to just order the harnesses seperately since I have the camera already.
Old November 4th, 2009, 3:06 PM
CF Active Member

Any other information about this? Does anyone have a harness location diagram for the SPO Rear Vision Camera option? The wiring diagram that saw showed something like this... RV Camera --->X900 ----> X452 ----->IP Stack/Radio
Old November 6th, 2009, 6:34 PM
Banned

I can give you a wiring diagram, and you can save a lot of money making the harness yourself. Its really simple. ground, ignition, and a video signal that needs shielded speaker lead found at home depot, or rona or any of those stores
All you'll need from the dealer is a couple pins for the back of the radio
Old November 11th, 2009, 8:49 AM
CF Active Member

Default License Lamp Harness and Camera (UVC)

I am trying to install the rear vision camera system into my 2009 Burb. I wanted it to be as factory as possible. Please look at the attatched picture. This is my Applique removed. I have a camera and bezel ready to be installed. Does anyone now if the License Lamp Harness is different for vehicles that come with the rear vision camera?

The connector on the end of the camera is too large to pass through the existing grommet. I am wondering if there is a seperate passthrough hole with the camera option. I already ordered the new liftgate harness that connects to connectors X900 and X902 according to the GM docs. I can't find ANYWHERE what connects to the end of the camera (the female connector).

If anyone has seen or worked on a liftgate with the camera option, let me know if you have any info. Shawn, as always your guidance is appreciated!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Body Harness Jumper X452-dsc02039.jpg  

Last edited by mirage00; November 11th, 2009 at 8:55 AM.
Old November 11th, 2009, 8:19 PM
Banned

when the vehicle is built with a camera, the harness with the wires for the lights and the glass release, also has the wires for the camera in it.
So to answer your question, yes the harness is different

Quick Reply: Body Harness Jumper X452