Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Body Lift for '07

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2007, 7:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Body Lift for '07

Ok so this particular kit has a 2.5" levelingspacers in the front, butin that case, wont you need to put 1" blocks or something in the back? I'm just familiarwith the chevy suspension all that much.

And GMz71 I'm assuming your Z71 is4wheel drive,do you already have a taller stance because of that (4WD)? I just didnt know if I put on thesame kit if I could still clear 33'swith mine being2 wheel drive.
Old October 15th, 2007, 9:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have LTZ with autoride and auto leveling. I ended up putting in the Suspensionmaxx 1" spacers with my 2" leveling kit. I thought the rear was too low.

I have seen others on the forum that didn't need the rear spacers though, maybe those didn't have auto leveling.
Old October 16th, 2007, 7:08 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah, mine is 4wd, but there is really no difference in the height difference between the two...actually the z71 have smaller fender widths due to the bumper....when i added my tires, they probably would have fit a normal tahoe, but the z71's wheel wells were so small (you would imagine it would be opposite)....but as far as doing the rear spacer, and leveling kit i do not think you will have any problems clearing the tires. All the leveling kits claim they can fit 33's with out anything in the rear. I dont think you will have any problems, maybe minor trimming at the most...but i do not think that will be an issue. Are you planning on running new rims too? Because then all that you will have to take into account, like the width, and back spacing. But if your planning on running like the 285/75r17s i dont think you will have any problems.
Old October 16th, 2007, 7:17 PM
CF Active Member

Well I def want to get new rims and tires if I end up putting on the leveling kit.Soall I gottadonow is save up a little extra cash......

Thanks for clearing up that rear spacer issue.
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:56 PM
CF Junior Member

I think Snomon is right about the 1" spacermay be necessary with the auto level. Mine is an LT3 4x4 w/o auto level (for some damn reason) and the centerline through the back tire to the top of the fender height is 1/4" higher than the same measurement in the front. There are some angles that it looks like the front is sitting a little higher but i think it's an optical illusion due to the way it's setting on a slope. By the way,I looked at my order and the front quick lift was only $200.00 + tax. Still more expensive than the mechanical lifts but does offer some adjustability and I don't think it gives a full 2" lift. Maybe another reason I don't think I need the 1" rear spacer.
The 285/50R22 Nitto's measure 33.23 x 11.54 per the companies web site.
I'd say that they're a great fit for those that won't be hitting the trails too hard... Choices, choices, choices! Took me months!
Old October 17th, 2007, 8:04 PM
CF Active Member

I know it's not a Tahoe, but close enough.

I put the Fabtech 2" leveling kit on mine and love it. I'm going to go with the front and rear sway bars next. Next spring I might bump up to a 22" rim.

Really like the ride paradisepatiosAZ

~dig

Old October 17th, 2007, 10:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Right on 'Dug. The Avalance was a close call when deciding on our new ride. I liked the aspect having the bed, my wife liked the way the Tahoe handled. After having 2 prior Tahoe's we had the comfort level going with another one (and the boss usually gets her way!). Thanks for the kind words about the new truck. Yeah, we still like to get some "U" out of our SUV so we had to go with the lift. I'm sure that you may have noticed with your Avalanche, but pictures don'd do the lifts justice. I get a ton of complements on the street because of the burly new stance. I'm going to ad the Rancho 9000's in the rear so I can balance the ride and then decide if I want to go with sways. Keep me posted on how you like the new ride.
Old October 27th, 2007, 4:46 PM
CF Active Member

I installed a leveling kit on my tahoe and felt no difference in ride quality. I put 20' and 285 50 20 nitto terra grapplers. I believe that you can fit 305's on there. I am considering putting a 6" lift from fabtech b/c they offer it for the air ride suspension(air bags in the rear).
Old October 28th, 2007, 1:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Dark,

the 305's may work with 20's butI would caution anyone with a leveling kit going with anything that has a diameter of 33" & a 12" tread width. My fronts rubon the outer sidewall / corner of the tire when cranked all the way inboard. My 285/50R22's spec out at 33.2" diameter & 11.2" wide. I saw a '07 with a 6" lift and it looked really bad a$$, just too big to fit in the garage or to let the wife drive on a daily basis! My luck she'd stuff it in a parking garage @ the mall!

Take care guys...

Old October 28th, 2007, 6:04 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah, i have rubbing issues with my 285/55r20s because of the width....i had to cut out part of the air dam, and wheel wells

Quick Reply: Body Lift for '07