Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Bpmv holding pressure on front brakes

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2011 | 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bpmv holding pressure on front brakes

I have discovered that the BPMV is holding some pressure on the front brakes. It has not worked in some time. I bought a salvaged BPMV after the original unit started bypassing and allowing the pedal to go to the floor. Shortly after installing the salvaged unit the ABS light came on. I have since just drove my Burb as is. Just recently has the front brake binding issue aroused. I have replaced front rotors, calipers, pads, lines and today the power brake booster. After all that the brakes are still binding. I just today discovered that the BPMV is keeping pressure on the front calipers. I cracked the outlet fitting to the front brakes of the BPMV and the front brakes released. I have decided to just bypass the BPMV go back to good old fashioned power brakes. On some of the forums people say "oh don't do that, it's part of the vehicle computer control system". I find that hard to believe. How is that going to affect all the other vehicle systems. It's just a vacuum boost brake system doing the job of stopping the vehicle without help from a computer. Thanks, Marc.