Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

brake bleed question

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2009, 5:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake bleed question

i have a 1995 Suburban and had to replace the rusted rear brake lines. I have bled the lines till no more bubbles were present and used a standard sequence of RR-LR-RF-LF. I still have a very low squishy pedal.
I did find a recent post on a newer Suburban regarding the sequence as LR-RR-LF-RF
Which sequence do i use or should i be doing something else?
Old March 17th, 2009, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same issue with mine. I had bled brakes a million times in my life and never could get mine to get tight. my dad has a little hand held vaccum pump that was about 20 dollars and he said lets pull fluid with that. I was thinking it would be a waste of time as i know i know how to bleed brakes. Well sure enough we pulled about half a bottle of fluid thru the lines and when we were done, problem solved. i dont understand why but it was. The only thing i can think is that were was a bubble way up in the line that i just didnt get or something. Anyway maybe give on of those a try. they are also very nice because you dont get fluid anywhere.