Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 7:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Broken power folding mirrors....

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken power folding mirrors....

Have a 07 Sub LTZ and the passenger power folding morror has gone bad. For a
while it folded in, but would make a lot of noise while folding.

Now it does nothing. Where is the best place to get another. Hoping there is a
source cheaper that the dealer. The left mirror folds fine.
Old June 6th, 2011, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

You try eBay or
www.gmpartsdirect.com
Old June 7th, 2011, 7:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

our driver side one went out a few weeks back - luckily I bought a 4 year extended B2B warranty. cost $100 deductable but would have been right at $600! according to the dealer receipt
Old June 14th, 2011, 8:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Edward301,

I am sorry to hear that your passenger power mirror is not working. If you do not want to go to the dealership then I would advise you to visit www.gmpartsdirect.com as Laterfoolz advised you to.

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old February 22nd, 2013, 9:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Having the same issue.....looks to be a common issue, anyone get assistance with GM?
Old February 22nd, 2013, 9:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by 4x4tx
Having the same issue.....looks to be a common issue, anyone get assistance with GM?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 4x4tx,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be due to a wiring harness issue. I offer this as a possibility, not as a diagnosis. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis and repair option(s).

I would be happy to look into this further for you. If you would like me to proceed, please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN and the vehicle mileage.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
CF Junior Member

PM sent
Old February 27th, 2013, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

has any one found out what causes the mirror to go bad mine just did
Old February 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> @c-farley, I’m sorry to read about the power mirrors in your Tahoe. There are many things that could cause the mirrors to be inoperative; blown fuse or electrical issues. Trying to diagnose this on your own, can be very frustrating; I recommend contacting your local Chevrolet dealership’s service department to see if they’ll offer you some help on what to look for.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service assisting Louis

Old February 28th, 2013, 3:34 PM
CF Junior Member

GM still has head in the sand not admitting that there is an issue with these mirrors. You can search a number of forums with people having the same issue, mirrors will not fold back in...motor just hums and makes noise. Dealer wants $1000 to replace, not going to happen.

Quick Reply: Broken power folding mirrors....