Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Buying my first Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2013, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying my first Tahoe

So I am in the market to finally purchase a car and have always loved the Tahoe. I am a cheap SOB and where I live (NYC) cars always seem to be a little bit more expensive for less.

I have been looking on autotrader and just paid two different mechanics to go look at a 2007 Tahoe 4wd 1500 LS. The car has only 30,000 miles on it and is an ex government vehicle. I have read mixed reviews but it seems most are positive. From the pictures the car looks perfect on the outside but the interior seems a little dinged up but nothing crazy.

I noticed that the front driver and passenger are cloth but the middle passenger seats are leather. I have seen this on quite a few tahoe on the internet. What is the purpose of that? Are they trying to hide something?

They are asking around $20,000 but I am sure I can get it down a little bit

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 5:29 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum

The seats were probably swapped out at some point, I'd be my guess someone wanted the rear bucket seats or the front leathers... Your tax dollars hard at work on EBay

Might want to have someone check out all the interior electrical also... make sure all windows roll down and all door lock buttons work and that those functions work on each door individually
Old January 23rd, 2013, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum

The seats were probably swapped out at some point, I'd be my guess someone wanted the rear bucket seats or the front leathers... Your tax dollars hard at work on EBay

Might want to have someone check out all the interior electrical also... make sure all windows roll down and all door lock buttons work and that those functions work on each door individually
Thanks for the reply! As i said I have two mobile mechanics looking at it otherwise its just pictures.

Hmm switching out the seats makes me nervous as I would think there is some sort of story behind that. I mean I am sure its an easy fix but why was it done and that opens a whole new can of worms.

I just found the car on ebay and it comes with an auto check vehicle report. It sounds like it was a rental car that was not paid and repo'd

Disappointed as I probably should stay away from this car. I guess I will wait and see what the mechanic says.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 8:36 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

The LS model comes w/ (leather-wrong) cloth thru-out.

Last edited by 73shark; January 23rd, 2013 at 9:02 PM. Reason: Corrected leather to cloth
Old January 23rd, 2013, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
The LS model comes w/ leather thru-out.

Thanks Shark. So someone swapped out the front seats. I guess this is pretty common (does not mean its ok imo) as I saw multiple ads on ebay and auto trader with pictures like that.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

if any of you guys would be so kind and tell me what you think. If anything catches your eyes

Chevrolet : Tahoe 4WD 4dr 1500 in Chevrolet | eBay Motors
Old January 23rd, 2013, 9:02 PM
Administrator

I had a brainfart. LS comes w/ cloth, LT & LTZ come w/ leather. Sorry.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 9:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rwynyc
if any of you guys would be so kind and tell me what you think. If anything catches your eyes

Chevrolet : Tahoe 4WD 4dr 1500 in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

Very lo mileage. LTZ grille. Not sure where the wheels came from. Maybe cuz it's a gov't truck. You'll want to check the dash for cracks. Engine cover is missing. Interior looks like it was in an Armor-All flood. Other than that, visually looks good.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Very lo mileage. LTZ grille. Not sure where the wheels came from. Maybe cuz it's a gov't truck. You'll want to check the dash for cracks. Engine cover is missing. Interior looks like it was in an Armor-All flood. Other than that, visually looks good.
Thanks shark!

Do you know what the normal size inch the wheels are for this car? I would probably want to put on a better pair of chevy rims and chuck those.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
Administrator

I think regular LS came w/ a 17" or 18".

Quick Reply: Buying my first Tahoe