Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Buying a used vehicle - what have you found?

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2013, 8:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a used vehicle - what have you found?

I bought a 2007 SUB a few weeks ago and haven't had real time to go through it. It came with an AVIC D2 NAV w/ rear camera and a Visteon/Nintendo Game Boy RES so I thought 'cool'.

Finally get around to actually go through things starting with the NAV as it seems to be crap. It isn't working out well and things don't seem to work well so I decide to pull it. What a friggin rat's nest. They chopped into main harnesses badly. Even better was that I found the original, still connected and very like new, old stock DVD/non-NAV radio in that little area in front of the front floor console. WTF? LOL. Why was it even on the whole time?

So I undo everything that was done and put the old radio back in. Sucks as the wires are chopped so short especially under the dash but eventually AHHHHHHH......everything works now.

Now the only thing that isn't working as I have no clue as to how to connect it is the RES. What a pain. I also find four wires just hanging under the dash cut and live. There was a mount on the lower dash that may have been for a trailer controller but I'm not sure.

I'm sure I'm going to find a little more as I go along but screw it. It makes it an adventure.

Anyone else?