Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Buying Wheels Online

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2007, 2:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Wheels Online

After months of searching I finally found the wheels I want to purchase. However, they are a Les Schwab exclusive and they want a ridiculous price for them. Has anyone purchased wheels online, or have any input about buying online? I can find them much cheaper at all of the online wheel sellers. Thanks.
Old August 7th, 2007, 3:03 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Buying Wheels Online

I have bought 2 sets of wheels on-line. Both had to be shipped, which was not a problem. The dealer literally cut out cardboard the same diameter of the tire, wrapped them in tape and mailed them individually through FedEx. Expect to pay roughly $100 in shipping.
Old August 7th, 2007, 3:19 PM
H07
CF Junior Member

I ordered tires and wheels from Tire Rack...great service / good prices and more importantly they are a sponsor of this site.I will definately order from them again.

http://www.tirerack.com/shoes/
Old August 7th, 2007, 3:34 PM
CF Active Member

Tirerack doesn't sell the wheels I'm looking for. Any suggestions on websites that are good to order from?
Old August 8th, 2007, 3:48 AM
CF Junior Member

So you want people to keep making suggestions of wheel sellers until one of them actually carries the wheel you're looking for? Why don't you locate the best price you can for the wheel you want, and go with them? You'll likely have to use a credit card to order, so if you have any problems, you'll be covered by your credit card company. Additionally, once you've located a source you're interested in buying from, come back and ask questions about that particular seller.

There are simply far too many retailers, and wheel manufactures/styles, for anybody to make blind recommendations on the off chance that a particular retailer might actually sell whatever wheel you happen to be looking for.