Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install

I know there are a few of you that have installed alarms on your 07 tahoes or work in the stereo business.

Can someone please telll me the model number of any and all bypasses needed to install either the Viper 5900/7900 or Autopage RS-1000.

If it matters my 07 tahoe has remote start and power hatch. Thanks in advance.
Old January 30th, 2008, 4:04 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install

I used a dei 1701g1 for the can businterface and a dei 556uw for the key bypass. My vehicle too has OEM remote start, but my installer said I need both of them. "e" might be able to tell you something different. He seems to have a ton of knowledge when it comes to alarm/remote starts.
Old January 30th, 2008, 6:35 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

xclusive - one of the bypasses you are using is for the ignition, while the other controls doorlocks and the factory alarm.

biglg - there are many different brands of bypassmodules and ALL of them will integrate with your remote starter. Like xclusive, you will need 2 modules. one to do the ign bypass, and another to control the doorlocks and factory alarm.
Old January 30th, 2008, 7:24 PM
CF Addict

So far I have been told the following!

Only the XK01
Only the XK06
Only the 1701G
Only the IM01

I have also been told I need the combination of several of them above. If anyone is for sure on exactly what I need that would be great. However, I am sure there is one module that does everything needed, I just dont know which one that is. But my local shop said it would be a one bypass install. They didnt tell me which one and i want to try and buy it before I take it in. I will also be buying the alarm kit off the internet and taking the alarm and bypass to them and only paying for the install. This will save me about $250 from what they charge for the alarm and install.
Old January 31st, 2008, 4:48 AM
e
CF Senior Member

XKO1 will do both bypass' as well as the 1701. The 1701g however does not have the ability to be updated at this time where as the xk01 can. What this means is that on the 07 Tahoes, and 1500's the 1701g is still my prime choice. Itwill work on your 07. I have the 1701g in my truck.
However, on some 08 Tahoes and 07.5-08 2500hd 6.6L with factoryremote start the 1701g has had some issueswith using the factory remote start portiondue to software changes with the gmlan system. On the 08's you can still use the 1701g but you bypass the factory remote start and use the aftermarket system to control all of the starting like the old days. With the xko1 this kit can be updated via usb if programs change or if you change trucks......AGAIN
Either one will work in your Tahoe BIGLG, and you would only use one or the other not both.
Old January 31st, 2008, 9:00 AM
CF Active Member

"e" is the 1701g still available to purchase? Also do any of these bypasses incorporate the factory features like turning on the heated seats, rear defroster, etc when you remote start the truck without have to using any other channels or press any additional buttonsafter you remote start it?
Old January 31st, 2008, 9:36 AM
CF Addict

Thanks for the confirmation E. That is what I had it narrowed down to. Can u get or do you have a XK01 you can sell me reasonable? Sesondly will any window module work with the Autopage RS1000? I found some on ebay but need to make sure that any brand or off brand will work. Thanks again.
Old January 31st, 2008, 2:41 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I may be wrong here, but i'm pretty sure that the 07's have changed as far as using just one module for locks and ign.
I know the 06 tahoe's could be done with just one, but out of the bunch that i have done in the last year, all 07's have been 2 modules.
Old January 31st, 2008, 4:27 PM
e
CF Senior Member

the 1701 will do RS, FRS, doorlocks, and pretty much 95% of the alarm functions. The FRS will operate they same way it does now. For trucks w/o FRS you will have to wire the heated seats. The rear hatch and defroster will be controlled via the 1701g.

CORRECTION: the xk01 will only control factory alarm bypass, doorlocks, and a a few alarm functions. It will not interface or activate the FRS. You will need a PK3+ bypass to do a add on remote start such as the xk06. So you will need two modules using the express kits. I'm sorry for the confusion, but thanks for making me relearn all of these newer modules.
Old January 31st, 2008, 4:47 PM
CF Active Member

"e" sorry to keep asking you question but whats the difference between the 1701g and the 1701g1. I used the 1701g1 and i dont have use of any FRS fuctions.

Quick Reply: Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install