Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2008, 7:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install

Here is a message an online seller of the XKOL said when I emailed him about it and what I needed for my 07 Tahoe!

"The XK01 will control your door locks and alarm features through a data signal which cuts down on installation. For this vehicle it will NOT override the immobilizer for remote starting. For this I would suggest a TBKV or TBKIII which requires an extra ignition key. So you'll actually need 2 modules. There is a module that contains both the XK510 they sell for about $100 but I'm out. I do have the XK01 and the TBKV or TBKIII though. Let me know what I can do for you."
Old January 31st, 2008, 8:22 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in a nut shell: the 1701g came out first. The 1701 was pulled due to a court hearing. The part in question was the RS and PK3+ interface. In the meantime Dei need a solution for locks, alarm bypass, and alarm interface for the gmLAN. Thus the 1701g1. After the smoke cleared the 1701g found its way back into market. The major only difference between the g and g1 is the better alarm intergration thru the LAN, the ability to control FRS, and the PK3+ bypass. Your 1701g1 will not do RS but you can add another module such as the xk06 or any other bypass' and have remote start. The 1701 does it all one little box, no keys needed. Hope this helps
Old January 31st, 2008, 8:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so it sounds like the 1701g will do everything needed? I can also add window modules and will need no other bypasses?

I was looking at www.xpresskit.com and it doesnt mention a lot of the options that others do.

For example heated seats, memory seats, power roll up etc.

By using the 1701G do you not get all the features with multiple bypasses. I dont understand this stuff. I just want to get everything I need and only pay my shop for install as they charge crazy prices for bypasses.
Old August 25th, 2008, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Does the "Remote Start Prep Package" count as a OEM Remote start option.

I have a 07 Avalanche And would like to use the 1701g to hook up the RS Input with just 2 wires instead of the old way will this work?

I CalledDEI and The guy said yes but im not sure if he understod what i was talking about.

Also is the Viper5900 any better than the old 791VX?
Old August 27th, 2008, 8:00 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: dsteinmann

Does the "Remote Start Prep Package" count as a OEM Remote start option.

I have a 07 Avalanche And would like to use the 1701g to hook up the RS Input with just 2 wires instead of the old way will this work?

I CalledDEI and The guy said yes but im not sure if he understod what i was talking about.

Also is the Viper5900 any better than the old 791VX?
To my knowledge it will not work unless the truck has had the oem remote start installed. However if the truck was unlocked for the remote start optionthen it would work. Im not sure how to get the unit unlocked other than getting the unit with the remotes and the codes than the reprogram. I had a customer come in today that we put in a alarm and RS in a 2500hd and he saidhis truck was RSPP'd and the 1701g would not start the truck via OEM. But the 2500hd's are a different creature all together. You cannot get into the programming mode on the 1701g when used in a 2500hd so we can't change the setting to oem.......
Even though you cant use the simple two wire this is really the best way to intergrade RS in this platform.....Did this help?
Old August 27th, 2008, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Will you let me know if you hear about it on a 1500. I installed remote start on a 99 malibu once and it was a pain but even with the 1701g the rs portion is still only like 2 iginiton wires right? so it wont be to bad right?
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
e
CF Senior Member

with no oem rs installed even on the 1500 your going to need to wire in the RS to the truck. Theres not a bunch of wires to connect into the truck but you will need a relay, resistors, and you will need to cut a ign source in the passlock III system. Its not hard at all and most everything can be wired from the Alarm/RS to the 1701g outside the truck, including the relay and resistor. Total wires to connect into the truck for FULL Alarm and remote start:

Parklight
ground
Power (at least 4)
databus
At colum: passlock III two wires which feed back to relay

everything else plugs into the brain and connects from alarm to 1701g

Please bare in mind that this is the install in a nutshell and I HIGHLY recommend that you have your system installed by a Professional. There are some programming features that need to be set ,as well as the ability to wire in relays and work with resistors. Plus if anything pops up (which shouldn't) the ability to troubleshoot your steps.

Old September 21st, 2008, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

"E"I installed the 5900 with the 1701g. But if its armed then remote started it keeps tring to lock the doors every 10 seconds or so? It Does not do this when unarmed and remote started. Or if i arm it then remote start it then unarm it quites trying to unlock? Any Ideas
Old September 22nd, 2008, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

So i guess i narrowed it down a bit I unplugged the Door Lock Harness (green & Blue) and also the H2 Harness Off the Viper In one of its locking fits. And it was still doing it. So I guess it may be the 1701G (the Settings are still default). I didnt see anything else on the Viper that could be sending out lock commands with the 2 harness removed. So is it a setting on the Truck or the 1701g or could this be a flakey 1701g. I did notice it doesnt always do it now though.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 9:50 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

where did you get power and ground at?
might also try to clear the module, and learn the vehicle again

Quick Reply: Which BYPASS(s)? Viper or Autopage Alarm install