Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A/C is posessed!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C is posessed!!!

Late this afternoon (94 degrees with 58% humidity) I remote started my 07 Hoe...

When I got in, the A/C was blowing warm humid air.

So I put the key in and expected life to resume as I once knew it - with a really good A/C system.

I was wrong.

The A/C button was not lit (the thermostat was at 64). When I pushed the button, it lit but then started to flash and proceed to shut off. I tried the Auto mode and that also shut the A/C button down.

I shut off the truck and opened/closed the door (just to be certain) then restarted it. Same thing - the A/C button started to flash again. This is NOT a good thing.

Finally after trying different combinations the A/C stayed on. but that didn't last long.

After I started driving, it shut down yet again. I pushed the button and it stayed lit. After 10 minutes of driving, I pulled into a parking lot and shut the truck off then turned it back on. No problem.

No lights indicating a problem lit up on the dash nor DIC. Anyone with ideas?? It's supposed to get a LOT hotter over the next few days and I don't want to be without my A/C.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 9:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A/C is posessed!!!

This can happen for a number of reasons in your case one of the following:
1. Battery voltage below 9.5V
2/3. Refrigerant pressure too low or too high.
4. Engine Coolant Temperature is too high.

I have seen this happen on many units once or twice and then never again.

If it does this again have the dealer look at it and check the R143a pressures.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As always... thanks for the quick reply and more importantly an answer. The voltmeter was a bit on the low side and took about 5+ minutes to get back to 14. AND it is really hot but not enough to overheat the coolant.

I'll see how things go tomorrow.

Thanks again!!
Old August 7th, 2007, 1:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping you may have some in-sight on my A/C problem.Earlier this year I had the A/C recharged, it wasn't blowing anythingexcept warm air. Along with recharging the technician replaced some module piece that looked like pcv valve and then proceeded to inject somesort of bright green dye to help locate what he believed to be a leak somewhere in the system. The dye didn'tindicate a leak anywhere. I would randomly run the A/C to be sure it was blowing cold air and it never really did blow cold, it was lightly cool at best after a fresh recharging of the system.I drove the family this past week to Disneyland in 100+ degree weatherjust tofind my rig to have no working A/C, not even "lightly cool". The truck is a 99 2dr 4wdTahoe with 92k original miles.

Any thoughts?