Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A/C Problems

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2015, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Problems

The ac has stopped working in our Tahoe. The dash controls work and act like they should. Have checked it out and it is not getting power to fuse # 17,for the ac clutch. I have jumped it with 12 volts to the right side of the fuse and it will work fine, does want to freeze up when thaws out it will go back to working right, just don't like to jump it like that, afraid might do more damage. I think it is not getting a ground to the relay. I put in a new fuses box in it after ruining the original one by too much force on the fuses checking it out. Now that winter is just around the corner may not need it as much but need to get it to cycle with the defroster. Thanks Dan
Old November 5th, 2015, 5:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sst37chevy
The ac has stopped working in our Tahoe.... Have checked it out and it is not getting power to fuse # 17,for the ac clutch. I have jumped it with 12 volts to the right side of the fuse and it will work fine, does want to freeze up when thaws out it will go back to working right, .... I think it is not getting a ground to the relay. ....
The clutch relay is turned ON by the Engine Control Module by grounding the circuit to the relay. The ECM also monitors the refrigerant pressure. Your refrigerant pressure may be too low for the ECM to allow the A/C to work. Maybe an A/C expert will chime in, I thought I read somewhere that freezing-up is a sign of LOW refrigerant. Or, you may have a bad sensor.