Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

A/C Recirculate ?

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2007, 6:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A/C Recirculate ?

Is is normal to still get a little outside air inside the cab when the AC is on recirculate? (For example I am behind a diesel bus, I put on recirculate but can still smell exhaust even though its less than when AC is on normal).

Does anybody else here with a 07 tahoe, suburban, or avalanche experience this? (No offense to older models, I am just try to compare apples with apples and since the 07 is completely new, I dont have anything else to compare it too. I know its not a GM thing, my wifes cadillac does not do this. Thanks for your input.
Old January 6th, 2007, 2:50 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: A/C Recirculate ?

Anybody? Let me know either way. I dont want to b!tch to the service advisor if its normal. Thanks
Old January 6th, 2007, 4:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it is a safety feature to allow some fresh air in no matter what setting you are in. Even with re-circ you will get some air. It is no suprise that you got some smell with it in that setting.
Old January 6th, 2007, 6:51 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Normal! All my cars do this, and I hate it. I like the recirc mode for that reason, to keep the stinch of the vehicle ahead of me out of my car. But t doesnt quit work like that!
Old January 7th, 2007, 2:17 PM
CF Veteran

Its sounds like what I am experiencing is normal, but I am curious though. How many of you 07 owners can smell anything from the outside while on Recirculate? Maybe I have a K9 nose or something wierd.....
Old January 8th, 2007, 3:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the same thing all the time. Very frustrating when you are following a P.O.S. smoking all the way down the highway and you have to breathe that air while the windows are all rolled up.
Old January 8th, 2007, 8:01 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, but without the fresh air diverter door allowing about 10% fresh air to enter the cab a truck full of pax can consume the available 02 in a real short amount of time, and then it starts getting very stuffy as the C02 levels climb.
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:52 PM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Yeah, but without the fresh air diverter door allowing about 10% fresh air to enter the cab a truck full of pax can consume the available 02 in a real short amount of time, and then it starts getting very stuffy as the C02 levels climb.
So its a safety issue to be sure you have enough oxygen for those long road trips AND in addition to bringing in fresh air to keep CO levels lower if you have a CO leak?

Also, Maybe the reason I don't smell anything in my wife's cadillac (obviously a GM product as well) is I believe her car has some sort of filter for outside air.
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, but that's when the pink elephants start to dance...
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Kind of makes one wonder why our 2007 Tahoes didn't have a cabin air filters.

Quick Reply: A/C Recirculate ?