Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can I swap my Suburban captains chairs for the bench out of a Yukon XL?

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2018, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I swap my Suburban captains chairs for the bench out of a Yukon XL?

I found a few sites that said I could swap the captains chairs for the bench with fairly minimal work, but I was wondering if the Yukon XL 2nd row bench seat would directly swap with the 2nd row captains chairs that I have. It's next to impossible to find a tan leather bench in junk yards near me (I found two, in both cases they sold the doors and the seats rotted out), there are a handful of gray seats, and apparently half the Yukon XL's ever sold came with tan leather because there are a ton of tan leather seats available. Are these a direct replacement?
Old March 16th, 2018, 11:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would help to know what year Suburban you are talking about.
Old March 24th, 2018, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a 2006 Suburban
Already done now

The answer is -
Yes, direct swap, nothing to it really other than one bolt on the passenger side seat that you can only get to with a box wrench (Probably just cause GM did it to make it harder). Put the passenger side seat in first if you're going to bench style seating because the 60% half sits on top of the 40% half and they share the same studs.

The seats all have flat bases, so you can actually sit on them when they aren't in the car if you're into that kind of thing.