Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Can't get AM radio channels

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2018, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get AM radio channels

Cannot receive AM channels on my 2011 Suburban LTZ 1500. I have replaced the roof antenna. I have replaced the 22776895 radio and still no AM channels. Everything else appears to be working correctly. Dealer cannot seem to find the problem either. Unless I spend big money for them to diagnose. Already have 700 invested. Help.
Old April 5th, 2018, 3:48 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like either a problem with the cable running from the antenna to the radio or the connections themselves.
Old April 5th, 2018, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like either a problem with the cable running from the antenna to the radio or the connections themselves.
Thanks for the input. Just got my suburban back from dealer no charge. Ended up being a broken wire (no telling how that happened, life's many mystery's) located in the "C" pillar. The one which has the seat belt in it for the second row bucket seats. Anyway. All better now.
Old April 5th, 2018, 7:23 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Was it the antenna wire? I know one of the antennas is in the rear passenger side window between the C pillar and the D pillar.

Since it wasn't the original radio, maybe you can sell it and recoup some of your financial loss.
Old April 6th, 2018, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

I really had no idea that the wire in the rear window was an antenna. I thought it was just a defroster as when I turned the defrost on my mirrors and that window would defrost quickly. Right now with the original radio re-installed, I have a different problem. The Map disk won't work and it is the original disk. Hmmph. Now I had the same issue when I put the replacement radio it, but after several tries it worked. But now it has raised it's ugly head on my original radio. Fun stuff.