Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Car won't unlock

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2018, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't unlock

I went to get into my car earlier today and the car would not unlock. The electric key wouldn't unlock any of the doors and I could turn my key in the manual unlock. I could manually lock it but not unlock.

Could it be the weather? It has been below freezing temperature for the past week but this is the first time it's happened. Is it the cold weather or could my key just need a new battery?

Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2018, 1:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I'd try battery before anything else, is it giving you a low fob battery alarm on the message center? Get in the cab, and use the fob to lock/unlock.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 2:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 224 Likes on 198 Posts

This is your '04 Tahoe? Are you saying you cannot unlock the door manually so you are not able to get in to the car? How cold is it there?

Last edited by Rednucleus; January 8th, 2018 at 4:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 8th, 2018, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was not able to unlock the car at all so I was not able to get into the car. it was in the mid-teens but after i replaced the battery in the key it has started to work again.