Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

changing the engine block 5.3 to 6.0

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2007, 3:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: changing the engine block 5.3 to 6.0

Actually, i think magnacharger is the only supercharger which won't void your warranty...i could be wrong, thats at least what i have heard before

my dads got a 06 denali he dropped in a ls7 with a magnacharger, dynatech headers, corsa exhaust, i think he runs a dual intake (that could be wrong, if its even possible...ive heard it somewhere before). but his intake is a volant...i cant remeber the transmission hes got in it (he convertered the stock one, i think he shipped it to michigan somewhere to a company...maybe 4L80 if thats even one...i feel like hes said that to me before.)...and big brembo brakes i want to say 14" rotors (once again i think 6 pistons in the front and 4 in the rear). I know hes got it pushing somewhere around 750 hp and i want to say 850 lbs of torque...it can definently throw you in your seat.

But his whole idea with his old engine is that he wants a larger supercharger and he can either send it in and get it converted or just buy a new one...and so he wants to take that engine possibly and drop in into my tahoe, and give me his old supercharger while he gets a new one.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 6:07 PM
CF Junior Member

I say find yourself an old hot rod/muscle carand throw that engine in it, but leave the Tahoe alone.

I would love to have a LS7 in my Denali, but I'll just settle for the one in my Z06
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
CF Active Member

haha, he doesnt need a z06....hes got himself his sports car
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Huh????

I'm sure he has a sports car, but that's not what I was implying.
Old November 5th, 2007, 5:06 PM
CF Active Member

I understand what you were implying, what i probably should have said is that hes got himself an sl65. Thats a pretty big engine in that...but actually the z06 probably runs a better quarter mile. you can't beat the price for a z06 and performance it puts out.

I agree throwing that engine in a muscle car isnt to bad of an idea, i might have to pitch that to him.

Its way to much work and money to put that engine in my tahoe, id rather spend the money on a dyno tune and some bolt on stuff. I just want enough power to really get me off the line. I wish they made a supercharger for the 07s.
Old November 5th, 2007, 5:42 PM
CF Junior Member

If you really want more power and don't want to sacrifice your warranty, you could always just trade your Tahoe in for a Denali. The Denali runs 0-60 in 6.4 while the Tahoe gets there in 8.6.

Driving my '07 Z06 has absolutely ruined me! Everything I drive feels like a Yugo compared to it, and that's part of the reason why I traded in my '07 Yukon for an '07 Denali. With all the incentives running I actually paid less for the Denali then the Yukon. It's something to consider. It may be cheaper then the supercharger, and wouldn't void your warranty.
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CF Active Member

Yeah, thats not a bad idea, but my one biggest problem i have with the denalis is that there is no 4wd. AWD just doesnt do it for me...i like to do a little offroading now and then. I think im going to just put a CAI, some headers, and do a dyno tune. If that doesnt do it for me, im just going to live through it.

I could imagine that everything feels slow after driving a z06.
Old November 6th, 2007, 11:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Well there you go! Trade the Tahoe in for a Denali and throw that 6.0 in a trail rig. Thentow it with the Denali.

Good luck with the Hoe. You may want to look into EFI Live when it comes to tuning. They're not very well known around here on the Tahoe forums, but they are by far the best choice when it comes to tuning a diesel.
Old November 6th, 2007, 12:45 PM
CF Active Member

I was going to a guy who uses HP tuners software, but ill definently have to take a look EFI Live.