Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Chrome Bowtie Emblems - Where are you getting them?

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2007, 4:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Chrome Bowtie Emblems - Where are you getting them?

Anyone havea complete rear bowtie emblem they want to hook me up with?
Old January 17th, 2007, 8:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

biglg, i'm goin to try to take mine off in one piece tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Are you wantin it to paint it?
Old January 17th, 2007, 8:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Looks good! [sm=goodidea.gif]

If you plan to keep your truck beyond the first set of tires, you might considered having the clip-on weights replace with stick-ons on the inside. Two benefits, they don't show and more important, they don't wear thru the clear coat. Even though GM is using coated clip-ons now, they still wear thru the clear coat. I had mine done at about 1200 miles and there was already some wear-thru. Once the film is broken, the aluminum will start oxidizing and turning white.
Thanks for pointing this out.
Old January 17th, 2007, 9:13 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: TPeezy

biglg, i'm goin to try to take mine off in one piece tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. Are you wantin it to paint it?
Yep, want to try and paint it. It should be easy to remove. Just take some strong fishing line in between the VERY back of the entire emblem and use a sawing motion. Should go through. Just be gentle and she will come off. Are you going chrome over it or what?
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:10 PM
CF Veteran

The sawing motion won't work if you are taking off the entire rear assembly. The rear has two pins that go into the body. "saw" as much as you can but you will still have to pull it off against some of the tape.
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:52 PM
CF Active Member

You can look up AMI Billet, www.stylinconcepts.com, a few others as well. I looked them up and found some, but not sure if I want to go thru and unbolt the whole thing yet, plus it doesn't say how it actually tell you what is required.
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:53 PM
CF Addict

Darkone,
I can "seriously" take the stock front bowtie off and put on an aftermarket one in less than 5 minutes total! No joke! It is that quick and easy. I switched between 3 different front bowties while taking pictures of each one installed and was done in less than 15 minutes.
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:48 AM
CF Active Member

I have 2 billet bowties I am wanting to put on. I have a polished billet grill so I'm thinking I should go with the polished billet bowtie as well on front,insteadof the chrome, what do you guys think? On the rear emblem I also have a billet bowtie to put on, do I have to take the entire assembly off in order to put this bowtie on, or can I just take the gold bowtie layer off and put the billet bowtie in place of the gold bowtie?
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:55 AM
CF Addict

YOu will need to take off the entire front, and rear bowties to put on aftermarket bowties. The rear is one by tape only, the front has self locking nuts that you need to loosen. Take the 6 10mm bolts out along the top of the grille area under the hood. Pull the grille section out genlty, about 3 inches. Then you can get your hands on the back of the front emblem. Use the same 10mm socket combo to loosen the nuts on the back of the emblem, once they are loose they slide off. You will see once you get it out. THen, it will have tape on the front also. Just pry, pull, etc, gently and it will come off. It is very simple. Now get that damn rear botwie off and get it headed to MO! Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, LAndon.
Old January 18th, 2007, 4:06 AM
CF Active Member

Wait, so I completely remove both the front and the rear bowtie? As in take off the entire assembly on both like I was goin to shave the bowties off completely? I really doubt this is what you mean because I don't see how that would work. I just place the billet bowties where the gold bowties used to be in the indentions right?

Quick Reply: Chrome Bowtie Emblems - Where are you getting them?