Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

chrome doorhandle covers

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2006, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chrome doorhandle covers

how does the covers look do they come off easily and can you tell they are just covers
Old November 13th, 2006, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: chrome doorhandle covers

for what its worth....I personally did not like the chrome door handles or chrome mirror caps. When I ordered my Taho before August, the chrome door handles and chrome mirrir caps AND the chrome front grill were optional. APparently, every LTZ manufactured after a certain date in August comes with the chrome handles, mirrir caps and grill standard. I personally was pissed and made them take them off as my original order sheet excluded these chrome optional items which later became standard. In doing so, I learned it is not an easy take to get the chrome off. They replaced the entire handle but were able to keep the lock mechanisms. They had to replace the entire mirror as well to switch out the white ones to match my Tahoe (so they say....sure seems like those inserts/caps come off somehow). Finally, I decided to keep the chrome grill because it looked better than the original black one I had wanted.

I have pictures of my white tahoe with the chrome items on it before they were taken off sitting next to an all white one which is how mine currently looks. If you want to see any of these for comparison, let me know. If white isnt your color preference, might not help you much.
Old November 13th, 2006, 9:28 PM
CF Active Member

Post the pics?
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new LTZs come with a chrome handle. The handle cover kits are held on by a 3M tape. If the handle is cleaned properly and the temp is reasonable at application time it will hold with no problems. Some cover kits are four piece - handle center, 1 piece for each end and a rear piece for behind handle.

The true chrome handles are a little harder to install (switched for original) but aren't that much more than the covers. If you have painted handles, you can more than make up the difference by selling your originals.