Coolant leak on my dads burb - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums
Sponsored by: Nitto Tire
Sponsored by: Nitto Tire

Coolant leak on my dads burb

CF Beginner

January 14th, 2018, 4:20 PM   #1  
Coolant leak on my dads burb

my dad asked me to look at his suv today. Dropping coolant like nothing else. Found 2 lines which I assume are for the trans cooler that were wet. Everything else on the motor is dry. Started it up and I notice a leak behind the front axle. Itís got a nice steady drip coming from behind the motor mount. Iím used to working on ford diesels so Iíve got no clue. Iíve been running the forums and google not really coming back with anything. I was wondering if it might be the water pump gasket? Itís on the drivers side.

CF Active Member

January 15th, 2018, 12:01 AM   #2  
Is it on the passenger side of the motor? If so it could be from the hoses that take coolant to the rear heater core. They are manifolded together above the motor mount on the passenger side.

SD

CF Active Member

January 15th, 2018, 12:07 AM   #3  
Didn’t see your earlier posting. Take a flashlight and look at the underside of the water pump to see if it’s leaking. Also look closely where the intake manifold meets the block.

Administrator

KC, MO area

January 15th, 2018, 1:39 AM   #4  
Welcome to the forum.
Please don't post the same problem in two different sections of the forum. It dilutes the responses.

CF Beginner

January 15th, 2018, 10:48 AM   #5  
Posted By: Suburban Dude Didnít see your earlier posting. Take a flashlight and look at the underside of the water pump to see if itís leaking. Also look closely where the intake manifold meets the block.
Yeah drivers side. Dripping off of the motor mount. Iíll check that stuff when I get home.

Posted By: 73shark Welcome to the forum.
Please don't post the same problem in two different sections of the forum. It dilutes the responses.
My bad didnít realize I had?

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: