Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Crankshaft position sensor issue.

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2014, 8:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crankshaft position sensor issue.

Seems I am chasing an electronic ghost. The MIL dash light came on after I replaced the cam sensor on my 2008 Suburban with a 5.3 L V-8. Hook up Diagnostic tool and it gives me a P0 0016 DTC. The crankshaft position sensor with a correlation to Bank 1 Sensor A.

I replaced the crankshaft sensor and shortly after starting the engine the MIL dash light was back on. Plus, the engine still runs like it is either starving or flooding with gas when starting from a stop. My guess is that I have a bad oxygen sensor. But, I am not sure which sensor is Sensor A or which bank is Bank 1. The oxygen sensors are fairly easy to get to and replace. Any help here on which bank is 1 and which Sensor is A would be appreciated. I am thinking that the upstream oxygen sensors are the A sensors.
Old April 13th, 2014, 8:59 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I would revisit your statement The MIL dash light came on after I replaced the cam sensor Is it possible the new sensor is bad? how does the connector and wiring look?
Old April 13th, 2014, 9:10 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Crankshaft position sensor issue.

The connectors for both the cam and crankshaft sensors are clean and were easy to remove. Clipping them back on was also quite easy. When I replaced the cam sensor, the MIL light went off and stayed off until I shut the engine down. The MIL light came on after starting it the second time and there is not DTC for the cam sensor. I really don't like the thought, but, I also have heard that the catalytic convertor could be getting or is plugged.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

You can get software to use on a laptop with scan tool interface that will read the O2 sensor data and tell you if the cats are working correctly...
Robot Check Robot Check

Here is a link of what you should see using the tools
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...ks-like-60456/