Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dash panel hard to see

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2007, 2:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dash panel hard to see

ORIGINAL: genestoy

Has anybody noticed how hard it is to see the dash panel gauges on the 07's in broad daylight? Very hard to see especially here in Phoenix where everybody wears sunglasses too. GM is aware of the problem as there is a bulletin out about it #4222. Anybody know what GM is doing to fix this?
Thanks
Its very sunny here in Fla. and I have never had a difficult time reading my dash guages.

Maybe this a problem for certain units that fall within a certain VIN range?
Old March 13th, 2007, 3:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this problem is based on customers who fall between a certain astigmatism range.

Just kidding.
Old March 13th, 2007, 3:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good One
Old March 13th, 2007, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

if you want to pay for it there are aftermarket gauge overlaysavaiable in white, stainless, yellow, etc....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...788&rd=1,1

Old March 13th, 2007, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

I'm finding more and more things about the 07 that I don't like. I almost ran out of gas because I couldn't tell how much gas I had. I thought it was a quarter, but it was near empty. I turned my headlights on to light the gage to make sure and glad I did. How could they let thisobvious design flaw go into production????
Old March 13th, 2007, 8:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're joking, right?

When you get low on fuel isn't there some sort of audible warning along with a warning light and a message in the DIC?
And if you have the navigation system isn't there even more obnoxious nonsense?

Now if you were my wife I could understand that you may miss all those warnings but come on.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gas is used very quickly when you are going "ludacris speed" due to a nearly invisible speedometer.
Old March 14th, 2007, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

Heads up display would be a great thing to have on a Tahoe. No need to look at the gages anymore.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My navigation unit has never said anything about "low" fuel. I have had my cluster light come on, never the nav unit. Do they not come on in sequence? At what point does the cluster, and nav unit low fuel warnings come on?

One thing I dont like is when you are running low fuel the DIC doesnt continue to count down the mileage you have left/available on the amount of gas. Once it gets toa certain point it just says low! Well I know it is low, but how many more miles can I drive?
Old March 14th, 2007, 1:08 PM
CF Junior Member

that LOW thing is f'ing annoying beyond all belief. i can understand GM did that because once you do get below the 30 mile range, its tough to estimate.. but christ, at least let us override the LOW display.

ORIGINAL: biglg

One thing I dont like is when you are running low fuel the DIC doesnt continue to count down the mileage you have left/available on the amount of gas. Once it gets toa certain point it just says low! Well I know it is low, but how many more miles can I drive?

Quick Reply: Dash panel hard to see