Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 6:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dead oil pressure gauge, 2005 POS Suburban

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2011, 1:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, 2 attempts now. First attempt, couldn't even find the sensor. Second attempt, finally found it, struggled to even get the connector off and then realized I'd need a deep socket to even have a prayer of reaching it. Then I spent the next 30 minutes trying to get the connector back on. In my 25 years of working on my own vehicles, this probably ranks in the top 3, if not THE most difficult thing I've tried to fix. My forearm is hamburger and I never even got the sensor out. Seriously considering just taking it to the dealer and coughing up big bills. And I never take my cars in. I'm planning one last ditch effort with a deep socket when I can pick one up.
Old November 6th, 2011, 8:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tashier
Well, 2 attempts now. First attempt, couldn't even find the sensor. Second attempt, finally found it, struggled to even get the connector off and then realized I'd need a deep socket to even have a prayer of reaching it. Then I spent the next 30 minutes trying to get the connector back on. In my 25 years of working on my own vehicles, this probably ranks in the top 3, if not THE most difficult thing I've tried to fix. My forearm is hamburger and I never even got the sensor out. Seriously considering just taking it to the dealer and coughing up big bills. And I never take my cars in. I'm planning one last ditch effort with a deep socket when I can pick one up.
Brings back memories of lying spread-eagled across the engine bay of my now-gone '93--with the engine running--trying to find the source of a coolant leak. Which a mechanic had mis-diagnosed as a $1,200 intake manifold gasket (it wasn't).

1988 Mercedes Benz 560SL (Wife's)
1998 Mercedes Benz S420 (Wife's)
1995 Mercedes Benz C280 (Daughter's)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 3LT (MINE!)
Old November 11th, 2011, 1:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Ya, this thing had a coolant leak too from day one. Took 3 years for the dealer to find the problem. A freeze plug in the block. As soon as I am able to by some miracle change out this oil sender I now have the privilege of fixing the stupid Service 4WD error thats coming on now. I tell ya, one thing after another. The vehicle acts like it's got 200,000 miles on it but it's only got 50k.
Old November 16th, 2011, 2:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Are you sure it is the sending unit and not the gauge? Those years have problems with the gauge panels. they have bad stepper motors. They have some warranty on them past the 36k point. Check with a dealer.
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by namu mac
Are you sure it is the sending unit and not the gauge? Those years have problems with the gauge panels. they have bad stepper motors. They have some warranty on them past the 36k point. Check with a dealer.
Since I have replaced the sender and it now works, I'm 100% sure that was the problem.