Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Deadhead edition suburban

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2021, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deadhead edition suburban

Has anyone ever heard of a deadhead edition suburban in 1999.
Old June 12th, 2021, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 2021 RST Tahoe with less than 6500 miles ( less than 5 mo old) left me stranded. Lifter failure. Highly unacceptable. Was without my car for 3 days. I was lucky and got a loaner. My dealership was fantastic. Why is there no recall with this being a known problem? This is my first Chevy…. May be my last. Disappointed in Chevrolet for not aggressively working to fix this problem. I’ve lost confidence in this vehicle to be reliable. Praying it doesn’t do it again.
Old July 14th, 2021, 6:58 PM
Yol
CF Beginner

Default Praying for you

Originally Posted by Sebunc
My 2021 RST Tahoe with less than 6500 miles ( less than 5 mo old) left me stranded. Lifter failure. Highly unacceptable. Was without my car for 3 days. I was lucky and got a loaner. My dealership was fantastic. Why is there no recall with this being a known problem? This is my first Chevy…. May be my last. Disappointed in Chevrolet for not aggressively working to fix this problem. I’ve lost confidence in this vehicle to be reliable. Praying it doesn’t do it again.
I have the exact truck and have it in the shop to replace the right lifters after replacing the left ones 3 months ago. I’m after that I’ll have issues in the long run. I told them to keep until GM approves a new motor.
Old July 19th, 2021, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Any luck with engine replacement?

Originally Posted by Yol
I have the exact truck and have it in the shop to replace the right lifters after replacing the left ones 3 months ago. I’m after that I’ll have issues in the long run. I told them to keep until GM approves a new motor.
Any luck getting engine replacement approved? Mine is in the shop for this same lifter issue now. They said they’ve ordered replacement lifters for both sides, but after reading the repeat issues others have had and some of the damage discovered to other components of their engines, I’m pretty leery to trust a repair that doesn’t involve a new engine. I put about 2500-3000 miles on my Tahoe from the time I started noticing the issue, bringing it in, and when they finally admitted it was the lifters, so I fear there is some significant damage to the bushings, camshaft and other components from operation of the pistons with bent lifters and rods for that long.

Thanks for any update.
Old July 28th, 2021, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Update: After may original post in early June 2021, I received my car back for lifter failure after 3 days. Not even 2 weeks later, this car failed me again. Same issues and now injector failure. I told them I was not interested in any parts or a "fix." Rather they could give me a new vehicle or replace the engine with a new warranty. Beyond irritated. I will NEVER buy another Chevrolet again. I am supposed to get my vehicle back today after being in the shop for 34 days total, with a new engine. I am also seeking some compensation for the Wifi and OnStar that I've paid for while the car has been inoperable. Praying it doesn't let me down again, especially on vacation. I'm really curious if there is or could be a class action lawsuit. Why is there not a recall at a minimum? My dealership has been the only saving grace in this nightmare. But they are sensing my lack of patience and irritation.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sebunc:
Kenmore99 (July 30th, 2021), Lynntak (August 6th, 2021)
Old October 6th, 2021, 4:08 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm really curious if there is or could be a class action lawsuit.
There could be someday. Note that in a class action lawsuit typically the law firm makes a ton of money while the offended parties gets a coupon like $500 off your next new GM purchase.

Why is there not a recall at a minimum?
Because that recall could cost GM BILLIONS !!! Government won't force a recall most likely as could be detrimental to the economy, and likely not considered a safety factor. I don't have a GM with this issue, but I think if I did and had such issues I'd contact the TV news show "Inside Edition", they seem to like stories like this: https://www.insideedition.com/submit-story

Old November 27th, 2021, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Add me to the list! 2021 Sierra 5.3 engine, 7100 miles. Bad lifter, push rods.