Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Denali exhaust/sound on a Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2012, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denali exhaust/sound on a Tahoe?

Alright, I have found ONE thread that discusses getting a Denali exhaust on a Tahoe, and it's from 2007. Additionally, after doing some measuring (my exhaust, and an escalades, which is essentially the same as a Denali), I know that the flange is the issue here. That said, has anyone tried to install a Denali/Escalade exhaust on their tahoe (6.2L to a 5.3L), and if so, how did you work around the flange issue (perhaps just a gasket, and if so, did you have any luck)?

I'm just looking to get a little deeper, SLIGHTLY louder tone...NOT PIPES. I love the way Denali's sound, and am trying to replicate it as much as possible. If anyone has any advice/opinions, I'm open to it. That said, I have a young kid, and can't have something so loud on the road that it keeps the little bugger awake...just a nice, low grumble is all I'm looking for.

I should add, this is all for a current body style/model tahoe (2007+)

TIA
Old June 22nd, 2012, 3:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for the same.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 9:35 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do not have the same engine as what is in the Denali it will never sound like it. You can get a pipe/ tip the eliminates the resonator. Like the one below. I have it on my truck, it is a nice piece.

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 - SLP Tip & Resonator Delete Vs. Stock Exhaust Comparison - YouTube

SLP Dual Tip Tailpipe Assembly, 2007-11 Avalanche/Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Yukon XL; use w/Factory Stock Exhaust
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
If you do not have the same engine as what is in the Denali it will never sound like it. You can get a pipe/ tip the eliminates the resonator. Like the one below. I have it on my truck, it is a nice piece.

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 - SLP Tip & Resonator Delete Vs. Stock Exhaust Comparison - YouTube

SLP Dual Tip Tailpipe Assembly, 2007-11 Avalanche/Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Yukon XL; use w/Factory Stock Exhaust
How did,you do the HID fogs without heat issues? And did you install the LED DRL's yet?

Robb
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Not my truck in the video. Its just a random video I found when looking for a link for the SLP tip.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 7:58 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Not my truck in the video. Its just a random video I found when looking for a link for the SLP tip.
Ah.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 2:49 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I agree that the SLP tip which eliminates the resonator will give you something very close to the Esky/Denali sound. I haven't noticed any detrimental effects either.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 3:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the resonator delete but didn't like the drone at highway speeds. I should have known that GM went to the expense to put resonators on these vehicles for a reason.

I installed the Corsa Touring exhaust. Just a little louder than stock and probably very close to the Denali. Has a good bark when you get on it. I can hear it ever so slightly at highway speeds but it is not the same as an exhaust drone.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 8:16 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

I did not notice any difference in the truck when I removed the resonator.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 8:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by HOE-N-IT
I did the resonator delete but didn't like the drone at highway speeds. I should have known that GM went to the expense to put resonators on these vehicles for a reason.

I installed the Corsa Touring exhaust. Just a little louder than stock and probably very close to the Denali. Has a good bark when you get on it. I can hear it ever so slightly at highway speeds but it is not the same as an exhaust drone.
Do you have a link to that exhaust anywhere?

Quick Reply: Denali exhaust/sound on a Tahoe?