Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

digital gear indicator problems

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2016, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default digital gear indicator problems

My shift indicator is sometimes on, sometimes off, and when on it is usually dim. Anyone have any idea's on what's going on? If it was a bad bulb I would think it would always be off.
Old January 18th, 2016, 8:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there is a repair thread somewhere on this forum. broken solder or bad transistor on the cluster mother board is probably the issue.
Old January 21st, 2016, 4:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dave110
My shift indicator is sometimes on, sometimes off, and when on it is usually dim. Anyone have any idea's on what's going on? If it was a bad bulb I would think it would always be off.
Hi, Tanin Auto here. We are vendors on the site and would be happy to help out. We have a diagnostics service and can rebuild your cluster here. If you want to send it in we have a fast turn around on repairs and can expedite shipping if you request. If the cluster is not repairable, we can help locate a new cluster as well. Here is the link to our diagnostics service for your cluster:

Diagnosis

Let us know if you have any questions at all. We are happy to help out!
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the replies!! I'll do some diagnostics and see whats going on.