Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Disable power door locks - in a truck without power locks

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2017, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable power door locks - in a truck without power locks

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 extended cab pickup truck. It does NOT have the power option - power windows, door locks, etc.
However, when it starts moving, it locks both doors and when you turn it off, it unlocks both doors. I asked the local Chevy dealer about this and was told that it is a "safety" feature but I could disable it in the Driver Information Console. When I told him that my truck does NOT have a Driver Information Console he said I would have to add one at a cost of around $125. I said that was not going to happen and I would find another way to disable the power locks that my truck does not have, even if I have to find and cut the wires. His response was that it would void my warranty. On a truck 10 years old?
My question is: how do I disable these locks? I don't care if I have to manually lock and unlock each door, I just don't want the truck to do it for me. Is there a fuse I can pull or a wiring connector I can unconnect? Nothing on the door has any power so there should not be any wiring to it.
Now it is even worse - it locks both doors but only unlocks the passenger side.
Thanks Mike
Old September 19th, 2017, 6:56 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Try removing the fuse "LOCKS" from the instrument panel fuse block
Old September 20th, 2017, 6:10 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Mike: Welcome to the forum.

So you're saying that there's no wiring conduit running between the A pillar and the doors? Not sure what is powering the locks then. If there are wires running into the door, then all you would need to do to disable the locks is remove the door panels and unplug the connector to the lock.
Old September 20th, 2017, 9:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

never mind