Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Discovered GM Certified burb was wrecked even though sold as "no accidents"

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2011, 3:04 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ed1le
the dealer misrepresented the vehicle. I had already walked away from one GM certified truck that had been in an accident and the dealer disclosed that information.
The buyers remorse comment was more about a way out option if you were looking to get away from the truck.

If you haven't spoken to the dealer that sold it to you, you really can't make the assumption that they duped you... esp if the same dealer disclosed info on a previous vehicle... Poindexter, doing the "certified inspection" could have had a bad day that day and signed off on it being a knowitall.... The point is, be prepared when you DO go back to your dealer... have YOUR options in mind of what YOU want done to remedy rather them letting the dealer offer up the only options...
Old October 19th, 2011, 3:11 PM
Administrator

Default 172 point GM certified Inspection

Give this a read.... http://www.gmcertified.com/themes/de...list051811.pdf
Old October 19th, 2011, 3:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha on the buyers remorse...that would've been an easy out.

The other truck that had the previous accident disclosed was a different dealer. I just reread what I wrote and see how that wasn't clear.

I agree, I need to have a plan of attack and decide what action I want the dealer to take. I have it scheduled for service next week with a local dealer for an oil change and the numerous other issues and may ask them for their opinion (although I don't know where that would really get me either).
Old October 19th, 2011, 3:15 PM
Administrator

Looks to me if the car fax check doesn't find anything the inspection list says nothing about looking for or disclosing repairs.... the guy doing the inspection probably never sees the carfax report....
I suspect your dealer sold it to you in good faith....
Old October 19th, 2011, 3:20 PM
Administrator

If you have not already, verify that the carfax report IS for your vehicle the VIN needs to match...
Old October 19th, 2011, 3:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Under the exterior section of the "172-Point" inspection - "Review exterior items to ensure they are clean and damage free"

Yes the vehicle was clean and damage free when it was inspected, but the inspection form asks nothing about evidence of prior repairs to the exterior.

So of course the shop tech checked the appropriate box - "Insp Completed" as it pertains to the front of the vehicle.

As I had stated earlier, buyer beware.

Last edited by Mad Dawg; October 19th, 2011 at 3:35 PM.
Old October 27th, 2011, 9:07 AM
CF Junior Member

We sent a long email Tuesday to the sales person who sold us the truck and waiting on a response. Basically, we paid $29,997 and are asking for a refund of $3500 b/c we had looked at and strongly considered an 07 Yukon XL w/ same mileage & options from an independent used dealer but passed b/c CarFax reported it had a front end collision and further inspection of truck confirmed this. The price on that truck was $26,500 and it sold a couple days after we looked at it. I may have haggled some on our current truck but probably would have walked away before buying had I known it was in an accident and the extent of the damage was unverifyable. I plan to place a follow-up call to the dealer today.

Anyway, took our 'burb to a local dealer Monday for numerous warranty repairs and they claimed our truck was in the system as only having a limited warranty, not the Certified Used 12 month/12K warranty. I called GM Certified and they verified this was incorrect and would contact the dealer as every GM Certified comes with the 12/12 warranty. I believe that issue has been resolved. We explained our current situation to the service rep and asked if they could verify the extent of the damage but they didn't seem very receptive to helping out.
What it's in for; wire for rear defrost came off window (this happened as we were loading stuff in it to leave dealer day we bought it and dealer said we could get it fixed when brought in for first service), oil change/tire rotation, crack in leather seat, squeeky engine pulleys, CEL, valve tap/low oil light message, drivers mirror not maintaining adjustment, power gate squeeking. Talked to service rep this morning and they're in talks w/ their GM Rep b/c it turns out the rear window was incorrectly repaired and needs to be replaced so they have to work out logistics b/c the dealer I bought it from initially did the incorrect repair. They're also waiting to hear back from GM rep on repairing the leather seat. Hopefully with the palethera of other issues, the decide to repair it. Otherwise, it's on a list of must correct with the dealer we bought it from. Also, my engine had a bad valve so the heads are currently off and have been sent out for a valve job. That's being covered under warranty obviously but 47K miles is really low for needed a valve job. So there seems to be a small light appearing at the end of the tunnel although really annoyed they had to tear into the engine already. Still preparing for battle with the original dealer.
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lol

sorry, you should have talked to me first... your problem is you (like me) bought a GM...

sell it after it's fixed and get a Toyota...

GM hasn't been in the top 10 for reliability since I was born!

http://www.gizmag.com/the-100-most-r...in-order/5657/

Chevrolet didn't even make the top 100 list.

There are over 100 other vehicles you could have chosen. I'm sorry for your loss.
Old October 27th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ed1le,
Have you talked to a GM Customer Assistance Rep? Have they set up a case for you? Do you have that case number?
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Not buying Toyota...die-hard GM guy, just very unhappy right now.

Breanne, no I haven't. I did call the GM Certified Customer Service but they really weren't of much help. How do I contact a GM Customer Asst Rep?