Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:23 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Dome light help....Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2011, 7:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
Lights are BCM controlled. Might try a reboot, disconnect the battery for several minutes ..
I also was tempted to guess that it may be a BCM problem and might require a trip to the dealer for a Tech II treatment.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 7:42 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JimJ
I also was tempted to guess that it may be a BCM problem and might require a trip to the dealer for a Tech II treatment.
Yup.. but that is why I go for the "reboot" theory, it works often for PC's my phone and now... modern vehicles...

Joe477 , we are here to help, but all do this as a side job and thou we do have some real experts here they do have lives unlike some of us

keep us updated with what you find works and what doesen't and we'll do our best to help you get to the bottom of the problem, and hopefully when you get it fixed your root cause will help someone else too
Old May 22nd, 2011, 9:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he says that he searched the whole web and nothing!!!
now another thing is do you have sunroof? you might have a leak causing the circuit to complete!!!
now and just for now (don't freak out this is temporary) pull the light bulbs and reinstall the fuse, I rather have the lights in the dash than the map lights!!!

be back with more info if I find it, but really this is the first time I hear about this too!!!

for what is worth this is the link to my question look at the dates!!!
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...ado-nbs-41865/

I too like things in my truck to be as near perfect as they can be, I just hook up my brake light in the topper just today after a month without them, and my fricking inspection is now past due, like I said for what is worth

also like jimj says wost case take your tuck to a dealer for a tech 2 reprogram
and most important let us know what the outcome is, so that others with the same problem can fix it!!!

Last edited by QUETRANPA; May 22nd, 2011 at 9:55 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by QUETRANPA
he says that he searched the whole web and nothing!!!
now another thing is do you have sunroof? you might have a leak causing the circuit to complete!!!
now and just for now (don't freak out this is temporary) pull the light bulbs and reinstall the fuse, I rather have the lights in the dash than the map lights!!!

be back with more info if I find it, but really this is the first time I hear about this too!!!

for what is worth this is the link to my question look at the dates!!!
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sil...ado-nbs-41865/

I too like things in my truck to be as near perfect as they can be, I just hook up my brake light in the topper just today after a month without them, and my fricking inspection is now past due, like I said for what is worth

also like jimj says wost case take your tuck to a dealer for a tech 2 reprogram
and most important let us know what the outcome is, so that others with the same problem can fix it!!!
I did search the whole web....**** site by **** site and could not find anyone with a similar problem.

I have disconnected the battery and left it for 1/2 hr but didn't help. I know I can just bring it to the dealer but was hoping to get it resolved over the weekend so I don't have to shell out the extra cash. Today I am going to bring it in and see what they have to say.
Old June 15th, 2011, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

im having the same problem with my dome lights did u ever get the problem solved and what did u do or what had to be done to ur truck please help its driving me crazy
Old June 16th, 2011, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by la perrona
im having the same problem with my dome lights did u ever get the problem solved and what did u do or what had to be done to ur truck please help its driving me crazy
It ended up being the BCM. The way it was explained to me was: There was a short between the rear dome light and an air temp sensor that runs to the back of the passenger area. This short was causing power to be fed back to the BCM, which fried it. The short had to be located and fixed and the BCM was replaced. This was above my knowledge base so I had to bing it to the dealer to get everything installed and reporgramed properly. I hope this is not the issue you are having because it was spendy. The dealer was good to me and didn't charge me for all the labor hours and it still ened up costing $800.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

Did you ever figure this out? I know it's been a while since you posted, but my thought was take out the bulbs instead of the fuse so you don't loose your dash lights.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Oops...never mind...just saw page 2! Sorry. Gosh...don't you just hate newbies! LOL
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff4JC
Oops...never mind...just saw page 2! Sorry. Gosh...don't you just hate newbies! LOL
Blasted next page gets you every time.... (been there done that ) Welcome to the forum
Old June 16th, 2011, 2:47 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

That's why I changed my post count per page to 20.

Joe477: By chance, did they tell you how the short occurred in the first place?

Quick Reply: Dome light help....Please!!!