Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dome light trigger for doors; 2007 Tahoe LTZ

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2016, 8:35 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dome light trigger for doors; 2007 Tahoe LTZ

Good morning all! I noticed last night that when I open my front right door on my 07 Tahoe LTZ, that the dome lights do not turn on. But any other door opens and the dome light will turn on. I tried to find a door switch covered by rubber like my other vehicles, but I guess the trigger is within the latching system of the door? Can anyone confirm this for me? How would I go about trouble shooting this? Thanks!
Old January 26th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes, everything from lights to chimes are triggered through the door latch...

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...leaning-37474/
Old January 26th, 2016, 3:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks in2pro! I sprayed some PB blaster into the latch hoping to free up anything that may be sticking. After I googled this issue seems that most folks just sprayed WD 40 into the latch, and it worked for most of them, some instantly and some took a few days, they say due to letting it soak a bit more. fingers crossed! lol!
Old February 9th, 2016, 3:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 07 Burban,,,, no dome lights come on with any door opening,,,, I can manually turn on domes, with pop-out **** next to light switch,,,pop out,,, turn to right, past lil' click,,, and lights are on,,,,, but locked on,,,, rolling pop out back,, turns off dome,, and dims instrument cluster,,,, so, what tells the dome lights to come on, when a door is open ??
Old February 9th, 2016, 3:43 PM
CF Active Member

Not trying to make anyone look silly but have you checked the flat button on top of the rotary switch for the dome light?
Old February 9th, 2016, 3:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Doh !,,,, that was it Magician,,, I was reading the manual,,, but was thinking the over ride button,,, was the lil' round pop-out button,,,, since it overrides the door switches and locks light on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Doh ! thanks a ton,,,,