Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Door Handle Breakage

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2019, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Handle Breakage

Not sure how many of you suffer from the same fate as me, and this could be from abuse by the previous owner, but the door handles on my Suburban are breaking at an alarming rate. Bought this baby 8 months ago and already replacing my third one. They are really cheaply built and not very well engineered for longevity and after forking out over $70.00 at the dealer, I started buying them on Ebay for the cheaper price. Well, when the third one broke, I started looking at making a repair and this is what I came up with.

Door handle repair.
Fill the void with bondo to prevent the blowout and reinsert the threaded insert with some 5 minute epoxy. Don't forget to thread the screw in before you put the epoxy insert back in it's hole. Might want to add some grease to the threads too.
Went back and repaired the other two broken handles too and now a I have a reserve. LOL