Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver's Heated Seat Died :( 2nd Time 2009 Tahoe LTZ

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2018, 10:51 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Driver's Heated Seat Died :( 2nd Time 2009 Tahoe LTZ

So, way back when under warranty, the driver's heated seat died. Dealer fixed it.
Now, it's my problem. Dealer said it's the control module? I have the invoice at home... $120 to diagnose... seems like a rip... but whatever.

They also said it's an expensive part. ugh.

Now that the Tahoe isn't a daily driver any more, I can take the time to fix it. (wife got her model 3)!!!

Now the buttons work, lights on the door light up, but the seat won't produce cool or heat on any setting. Also no click can be heard when trying to turn it on.

I've seen the videos w/the module under the passenger seat - is that my issue? Up until a few weeks ago, the seat BACK button would result in heat, but now nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated. It's on my to-fix list.

I also got new keyfobs on ebay... $12 for two! that's awesome. Mine worked, but you have to murder press the buttons, so for $12 I thought I'd give new a try!

Changed the air filter and rear wiper. Nothing really else to do. Plugs were done not too long ago. Car Max was only going to give us $11k for it, and for that price, I just kept it...
Old April 11th, 2018, 7:25 AM
CF Addict

Ok, so I found some info online, it seems that it could be wiring, Memory Seat Module, or the Climate Control Seat Module.
I don't have the scan tool that the stealership charged my wife for, but most likely never actually used to diagnose this.
Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to see if any of the connectors under the passenger seat look fried...
Old April 11th, 2018, 8:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

find the heated seat element connector, unplug it and ohm check the heater element.

does the led on the switch light up? does the passenger seat heater work?
Old April 11th, 2018, 9:50 AM
CF Addict

I will have to look for the first part, I don't know where that is from memory.

Yes, the driver side switches all light up / function normal on the driver side. (Seat has no cooling or heating on any mode/level).

Passenger side switches and seat works 100% all modes/levels of heat/cool