Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Driver's side door

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2006, 4:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's side door

I am new to the forum. I just bought a used 1995 Tahoe. So far I love it. However, the driver's side door will only unlock/lock with the key. For example, if I press the unlock button, the other four doors will unlock, and I have to manually lock the door when inside the vehicle[]. How can this be fixed?
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts
Default RE: Driver's side door

Sounds like the lock solenoid may have gone tango uniform. Can you hear anything inside the door when using the remote?
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It didnt come with a keyless remote (I just ordered one). But I dont hear anything when I hit the unlock button from the inside. I am just trying to figure out if this is a major or minor issue as I want to get an alarm and remote starter installed. The door just will not lock or unlock unless you do it by hand or take the key and lock/unlock from the outside. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. I dont wanna take it anywhere and get taken advantage of because I am a woman. It has happened more than I would like to admit.
Old October 23rd, 2006, 1:02 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

If you aren't hearing anything in the driver's door when using the lock/unlockup button, then either there's an open circuit in the driver's door or the lock solenoid has gone bad. To troubleshoot, you'll need to remove the door panel either way. If an open circuit, it's most likely in the wiring between the hinge pillar and where it enters the door. At least that's been my experience.

If you take it somewhere, just tell them the symptoms and not what you think it'll take to fix it and see what happens. Good luck!