Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like some good stuff, but from there website it sounds like I would have to send it to them? I can't have my truck down that long and I really would not want to take my exhaust down and ship it in to them. That would be more work than what I am willing to do. I am just going to use the heat wrap and put some sheilds up if there is enough room and see what happens. if things get to hot then I guess I will just have to live with a single pipe. Putting my spare tire in the back is a no go. when we go camping I am pretty loaded down and would have little room to put a tire. And no I will not put it on the roof rack. lol
Old May 20th, 2010, 5:15 AM
CF Beginner

No, Lariders, I dont think you have to take it to them personally. I am pretty sure you can just buy the stuff and put it on yourself. I dont belive my cuz took it there to get them to put it on, im pretty sure he just bought it and used it himself. Cause your right taking your exhaust off and sending it would be a pain and it would cost a lot. Maybe you will just have to settle for single exhaust
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

No you can't DIY. It's a ceramic based coating that requires a hi-temp bake.
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM
CF Active Member

that's what it sounded like from reading on there website. It did not look like I could just spray it on my self. well I hope I can get the burb in soon to try it out and see what happens. I will post the out come when its done.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 6:59 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm gonna be honest,I had a friend that worked at Mieneke,he done a complete dual exhaust setup on my '04 Tahoe(I mean dual from the manifolds back,two Flowmaster mufflers,3.5 inch pipe and twin tailpipes behind the rear tires),I can say this...DON'T DO IT,when you seperate the exhaust like that it looses its bottom end/off the start grunt,and I think it sounds like chit all together.It now has a flutter that I can't stand like if your beside a guard rail or wall or whatever,your best bet for sound,but still keeping some back pressure,would be to just add a good mellow sounding muffler with twin tailpipes out behind the rear wheels(I run mine out behind the rear wheels so when you're unloading something from the rear you don't hit the pipe and get burned).But of course thats just my.02 worth...but as for losing bottom end and the sound,I know from experience,as soon as possible I'm changing mine.....Phil
Old May 22nd, 2010, 9:31 PM
CF Active Member

well first of all you should never do dual 3.5, you should only go 2.5 at most with a stock motor. My last suburban I had headers, hi-flow cats, and dual flow master and it sound great and improved my performance. I even ran with out mufflers for a while and it sounded great but was loud. when you have a SUV you should never put your pipes straight back, the rear seal can leak, and you can get carbon monoxide in the SUV. I don't plan on going to crazy with this suburban, I don't want it that loud and I need the back pressure to build boost.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 9:38 PM
CF Junior Member

They're not straight back,they both run down the drivers side into two Flows below the rear passender seat,then run out behind the rear wheels,it may not be 3.5...it may be 2.5,any way,I'll be changing it soon,I'm leaving it seperate,but using only one muffler with two in and two out,get the swirl I need for back pressure and low end power back,blend it to take away the flutter sound.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 9:56 PM
CF Active Member

the size of the pipe will make a big difference in sound and how well it works. you said you did it from the manifold back? what did you use for cats, or did you not use any? I have always angled mine out the sides one in each bumper corner.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Well,its dual from the manifolds back,but thinking back he cut the Y pipe close to where it joins,due to it having two cats,and run new pipe from there back.I didn't mean to mislead,but it is seperate from the manifold back.
Old May 25th, 2010, 4:29 PM
CF Active Member

Well I got it done. It took them a while to get it. Sounds good. But does not sound as good and my other suburban. Not sure why I think it has something to do with the 5.3L. It just does not have as deep of tone to it as my other truck. My buddy has put 2 different exhaust on his truck (5.3L) and it don’t sound great. Not bad but not great. I know it is a smaller block, but there must be something really different in the motor to change the tone like that. Still happy I got it. And they could do duals.
Attached Thumbnails Dual exhaust-suburban-002.jpg   Dual exhaust-suburban-003.jpg