Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Durability of your Tahoe????

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2007 | 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Durability of your Tahoe????

Recently bought my first Tahoe about a month ago. Ive had no problems with mine but on a few forums it seems people are not happy with the quality. I love chevys, and wouldnt trade my 97 tahoe for anything. Just curious what problems or issues if any you other Tahoe owners may have had. Hey, if you got something positive to say feel free.
Old February 11th, 2007 | 3:22 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: Durability of your Tahoe????

Just remember more people are likely to post problems than those who have had little to no problems. Just make sure you have it thoroughly checked out by a qualified mechanic and you should enjoy it for a long time. Yes things will need repairs eventually, but Gm parts are cheaper than most other manufacturers and you can find lots of help on this forum.
Old February 11th, 2007 | 8:44 PM
CF Beginner

I have an '02 Yukon XL 2500 with 6.0L and now an '07 Tahoe with 5.3L. I've owned BMW, Infiniti, Toyota, VW (several times), Nissan and GMs. I get a new auto when I realize that the one I have isn't what I'd hoped it would be. There are 2 vehicles I can't imagine leaving the stable and they are the 2 GMs that I have now. They have problems, but those problems are no more frequent than any other mfr. And, parts are more readily accessible and less expensive. Labor costs (compared to most shops) is similar, if not slightly less.

I've read a few posts here on BMWs. I once had a 740iL that ran like a refined raped ape (drinks champagne instead of beer). But, I spent $600 every 20K miles for breaks, replaced the exhaust system 3 times because the cats imploded, and, just like a Chevy, needed a water pump at 50K miles ($500) and then there was a time that the radiator inlet broken off to the tune of $1000. I could have fixed a GM for 1/4 the cost. But, I've never owned another car that would pin you into your seat with a downshift at 70 mph and let you up at about 110i.

And just to be clear ... I've never owned a Ford. I probably never will. It's a family thang and I like my family.
Old February 11th, 2007 | 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: Biggwaukegan

Recently bought my first Tahoe about a month ago. Ive had no problems with mine but on a few forums it seems people are not happy with the quality. I love chevys, and wouldnt trade my 97 tahoe for anything. Just curious what problems or issues if any you other Tahoe owners may have had. Hey, if you got something positive to say feel free.
We have an 07 LTZ and have had no issues with it. Even our 02 Suburban w 69K is running just fine. I make sure that all my vehicles are up to date on their maintenance schedule.