Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

dvd/nav overide

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2006, 5:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dvd/nav overide

whats up just received gmlockpick installed it does what its suppose to do but ran into a problem with my gps had no signal and also do we have to hook up the two purple wires and the orange one oh and also how are the dip switches suppose to be at is 1up 2,3,4, down and 5up or just 1 down 2,3,4,5 up any input on this would be appreciated thanks in advance oh that was a great treat also
Old November 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: dvd/nav overide

Mine works great. It took about 5 minutes or so before gps started working. As far as the switches, I can't find my original paperwork. Contact them, they are very helpful.
Old November 8th, 2006, 1:24 AM
CF Beginner

I just received my Gm LockPick today and the instructions. To answer your questions about the switches, my instructions say "set the switches on the end of the controller to the fully up position." To me, that means all of the switches are "off" given the little arrow pointing down next to the word "ON" located on the switch. It came from the manufacturer with switch 1 "on" and the others were in the up position ("off). So, I made sure all of the switches were "up" in the "off" position. Since they went to the trouble to label the "on" position it would have seemed easier to just say make sure all the switches are in the "off" position.

About the purple wires being connected, my same instructions state connection of the purple wires is for "unlocking the address input, map scrolling...XM category scrolling, etc. on demand." The orange wire is "switched 12V power source for your accessory power needs" such as ipod, etc. To activate the orange 12V supply you have to move switch number 1 in to the "on" position (interestingly, this time they use their own label for where the switches are supposed to be). I have no need for the 12V accessory source but I suppose that is a handy addition for those who might.

If anyone needs a copy of these instructions, email me and I will scan them. Good luck trying to contact anyone at Coastal Electronic Technologies where I got my GM LockPick. I sent 4 emails and left 3 phone messages, not including the phone calls I made and now voicemail answered. If it works as advertised, all gripes will be forgiven. I will be installing mine 11/8/06 in my loaded 2007 LTZ Tahoe and will be in a better position to answer install questions after that if anyone has those as well.
Old November 8th, 2006, 2:18 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have read numerous times that their customer service is very poor. I have heard the exact same thing that they did not return numerous emails and phone calls.
Old November 8th, 2006, 7:00 PM
CF Active Member

The couple of times a contacted them, they were prompt to return my calls. Oh well.
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

[] I got a lockpick 2 weeks ago. I installed it and everything works, except when I unlock the video for the dvd in the front, I can't adjust my volume thru the radio or the remote. Need to know if something is wrong with my lockpick or thats the way it was designed. Coastal Electronics sucks. I have called them, wrote them a email and they still havent response. I would never do business with them again. Could someone please help me? Thanks
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

apparently the folks at the avalanche forum had the same problems with customer service. See this thread: Avalanch Forumhttp://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?PHPSESSID=8a3c341835ee5814d920fb5b99e50b c1&topic=72225.new

Also, I installed mine seamlessly just as the provided instructions called for. However, the XM bypass that allows me to scroll and use other XM channels while driving which are otherwise gray....they blink intermittently. Anyone else have that issue? My DVD bypass works perfect its just a little annoying to have that scroll bar blink gray randomly while driving. I haven't tested the ability to use NAV address input while driving yet.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

I also purchased a GM Universal Lockpick for my 2005 Tahoe but I never received any installation instructions with the unit. I have contacted the company numerous times via email and telephone with no response. Can someone please help? I have no idea how to install the ribbon connection for the unit. Please post or email the instructions for installation. Thank you. walberg33@yahoo.com
Old October 3rd, 2007, 4:23 PM
CF Beginner

Not sure whether you have the Gen 4 or GMX320 lockpick. Here're the installation and operation instructions for each:

Gen 4

GMX320

Note that I just pulled these links off of the CoastalTech web site.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

I actually have neither one. I had to purchase the Universal lock pick for 2004-2006 model vehicles and it does not have a plug and play wire-harness instead there is a ribbon connection which I'm assuming must be installed inside the unit somewhere. I have been unable to locate any instructions for this model online at coastal e-tech. Thank you in advance for your help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12386/2E72A235D74C40969F8DC6B0F399C747.jpg[/IMG]