Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DVD unlock

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2007, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD unlock

I want to unlock the dvd safety feature on the OEM NAV in an 07 Tahoe. The vehicle came with rear dvd but no nav/dvd up front. I bought the factory OEM and insalled it myself no problem. I also got a lockpick harness from coastal electronics to unlock the dvd screen but apparently (according to them) the reason I can't get it to work is because the vehicle speed sensor was not hooked up originally because the nav unit wasn't original during manufacturing. Is this true and can I hook up or rewire or ?turn on? the VSS myself?
Old September 19th, 2007, 6:18 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: DVD unlock

I don't see how the OEM nav would work without the VSS...? Based on what I've read, when a lockpick setup disables the VSS, the nav also quits updating your position until the VSS is re-enabled, at which point the nav will correct itself.
Old September 19th, 2007, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

The volume adjustments don't work with increased speed, is that a sign it's not wired?
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: liverpoolmirror

I want to unlock the dvd safety feature on the OEM NAV in an 07 Tahoe.
Try doing a search. There should be several "lockpick" threads. Just Please dont be one of those dumba$$ drivers watching a movie while cruising down the street.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

[sm=exactly.gif] [sm=goodidea.gif]
Old September 20th, 2007, 7:24 AM
CF Beginner

I'm not one of those....I have 3 kids, 2 in the back and a teenager in the front. Trying to get the screen unlocked for him.
Old September 20th, 2007, 2:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Didyour navigation system work correctly prior to installing the NAV? You saw yourselt correctly moving along the map? If so then the wiring for the VSS should be there. When I installed my lockpick it did not work with the dip settings they had in the instructions. After playing with the dip switches I got it to work properly. Make sure you dont have the Dip switches set to auto unlock because it will not work in that setting. It only works in the manual setting where you have to hit the mute button 4 times on the steering wheel.
Old September 20th, 2007, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

On the Gen4 lockpick I had switch 1,2,3 down first - didn't work - and then unplugged it and tried just 1 down.
Still didn't work automatically or with mute 4x or window 4x. I have to have the #1 switch down in order for the DVD override to supposedly work right?

I also recently got the radio reprogramed at the dealer and the tech said it fixed problems with the radio communcation with the car like it now knows I have no rear camera and what kind of speakers I have, ect. But the computer could not fix the speed sensor modification. He said he would have to do that manually by looking behind the radio at all the wires.

Does anyone know where the VSS wire is so I can do it myself???

I know it's not hooked up because the auto vol. adjustment doesn't work and the voice prompts and route instructions still don't work.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Old September 20th, 2007, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

Check out this thread.https://chevroletforum.com/m_5604/mpage_13/key_/tm.htm. That is where the vss wire is. YourTahoe might not have this wirehooked to the back of the radio from the factory. If not then call JP Customs and have them make one for you.
Old September 20th, 2007, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

thanks a lot!