Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DVD viewing on NAV screen in motion options

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2008, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD viewing on NAV screen in motion options

I have had my Tahoe for almost 3 months and have been looking at options to view DVD screen and Nav input while in motion from day one. Does ANYONE know of ANY company other than coastel that offers a solution that does the same. I apprecaiate all those that have had a good experiance with coastel but for every one good post there is AT LEAST one bad and I don't know enough about mods to macgyver it myself since there is a serious customer service issue. I am in eastern pa and would also drive to a location that also does the install if needed.
Thanks for any help!
Old February 10th, 2008, 8:53 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DVD viewing on NAV screen in motion options

I understand how you feel. G-NET canada , pac-audio has alterntives Some install the same way the coastal unit ( and its fairly easy to do) and there are others that auctually interupt the data going to the screen so the voice guidance works but that installation looks more complex.

the bad thing is that they seem to cost a bit more than the coastal tech versions. I bought the 1 gen unit fromcoastal and when they came out with the 2nd gen unit, I was able to trade it in for the 2nd gen for 10.00 bucks. Just my opinion but what I would do ispay with a major credit card and not a debit card. then if it dont work, andwho ever you by it fromdoesn't respondor try fix to the issue, call your credit card company and tell them about it and they will credit back your credit card.
Old February 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the suggestion. I know what I want but don't know alot about it so I called both companies and got a human on the first shot. Pac doesn't have what I need but the g-net guy was very helpful and I ended up calling him 3 more times and got an answer each time. So far, so good. I am ordering it today and will update once installed.
Old February 11th, 2008, 7:02 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Good-luck with the install....hope you don't get caught\kill someone while watching a movie while driving
Old February 11th, 2008, 8:34 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Don't forget using the cell phone and eating the Big Mac.
Old February 12th, 2008, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

I also use an electric shaver sometimes when I am late to work. I am really looking forward to the Nav input features. We travel to alot of wrestling tournaments all over the place and half the timewe have no clue where we are so this should make life alot easier. The wife can make the adjustments while we keep moving, (unless we are going in the complete oppositedirection which means this install will be a complete waste
I also cannot get my day started without SpongeBob on my 8 minute commute to work!
Thanks for everyone's help.