Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ebay combo

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2013, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay combo

Has anyone had any luck with the Gibson Volant combo off ebay? It looks like a really good deal to me... $543.25 for the set weird price lol, I was looking at an intake and just a muffler but its around $200 for the intake on the low end and $200 for the muffler and install at a shop. If i get this set up i would sent slightly more but a set made for the the suburban and I can through it on myself. The Gibson part number is 315530 and the Volant part number is 15153. Im looking for just a little more noise but don’t want drone because i will be using my truck to tow over the summer and don’t want to get annoyed from IL to MI of WI. A little more power would be nice too but i know i shouldn’t expect much out of just these bolt ons. Does this look like a good set up or not worth it?<O</O
Old March 21st, 2013, 8:32 PM
CF Active Member

I don't have any experience with the kit that you have noted. However, I looked up the part numbers on Summit Racing and the price you noted is pretty good.

Summit sells the Gibson exhaust for $369.95 and the Volant cool air intake for $263.95, so the ebay price is pretty good.

Search Results for GIB-315530 - SummitRacing.com
Search Results for vnt-15153 - SummitRacing.com

Gibson exhausts are louder than stock, but not at loud as Magnaflow or Flowmaster. I agree with you about drone. It isn't much fun on the highway. Gibson has some audio clips on their site, but unfortunately a lot of them do not work. They did have this page which shows how their product lines compares to stock.

Gibson Performance Exhaust - Trucks, SUV, Diesel, RV, and Marine. Performance Exhaust for the Enthusiast

Exhaust changes will provide you with more power, but you want to make the sure that the power is in the RPM range where you will use it. It may be worth while speaking with a Summit racing rep to discuss what you are trying to accomplish. They will help you to put together the package that will work for you. I would tell them about the Ebay package price and see what they can do.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

thanks! i just emailed summit and let them know what i wanted to see what they would recomend and if they could do anything for the pricing. I do like that the sound isnt crazy i already have a bike thats lound enough and a track car if i need noise my burb is my relaxing vehical lol