Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

EDGE programmer???? anyone

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2007, 10:58 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDGE programmer???? anyone

I am in the market for a programmer and have looked at everything from superchips, diablo, hypertech, and bully dog, Looks like the EDGE product gives more HP and torque. Also it comes with a module for monitoring. So does anyone have any ideas or thoughts or experience with any of them?
Old October 31st, 2007, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: EDGE programmer???? anyone

I have one for a 2007 Tahoe and love it. It has four different program settings and you can feel the extra power on the highest setting. The reson I went with it was for the display. It is great and fun. I have upgraded it from the internet and it has added additional features like setting condition alerts.

Kelly
Old October 31st, 2007, 2:20 PM
CF Active Member

I have had Edge and Diablo in my 07 Silverado. Edge has a great display, but it gives less power than Diablo on the 87 Tune. I have not tried the 91 octane tune on the Diablo, but I will on the next fill up. I am more impressed with Diablo than I am with Edge. Plus, it was about $100 cheaper.
Old October 31st, 2007, 5:19 PM
CF Active Member

I still haven't received my dash kit and its been almost 3 months since I called them and got put on the list!
Old October 31st, 2007, 6:32 PM
CF Senior Member

well i had them all and my conclusion is EDGE is the one for me love the dash mount there updates are awsome the features are easy to use and its always there right in front of me to change anything i want....

I'm actually at sema right now and visited all the company's edge,hypertech,diablo,superchips, all have great features but edge just stands out in my opinion the staff here at edge are awesome but hypertech is right behind them plus hypertech just launched there new program er looks awsome but no improvments on the actuall performance....
Old November 1st, 2007, 6:49 PM
CF Active Member

I am assuming that theDIABLO is not change on the fly like the EDGE. You actually have to repeat the process for the diablo and not for the EDGE...please correct me if I am wrong. I currently have the upgraded intake and exhaust, but want that extra umph! I already have the 4.10 gears which help.I have a friend who can get pretty much any programmer for cost. Thanks for the input does anyone have any HP numbers. oh yeah how about the limiter.
Old November 1st, 2007, 8:41 PM
e
CF Senior Member

edge, superchips, and hypertech are not adjustable on the fly..................

Trending Topics

Old November 1st, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Active Member

Edge is not change on the fly; unless you have a diesel. None of the gas tuners are change on the fly. Diablo gives more by the seat of your pants power. More of the torque management is taken out than with Edge. Again, I have not used the 93 octane tune yet. Diablo will allow you to do a bit of custom tuning to get more power out of your mods.
Old November 1st, 2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Won't removing the torque mgmt be hard on the tranny?
Old November 2nd, 2007, 6:33 AM
CF Senior Member

yeah edge is not tunable on the fly the only thing iv'e used is the 0-60 and the quater mile feature any major adjustments still have to be done when the car is in park and the key in the on position .i tell you though edge is the fastast to download it takes about 1-2 min

Quick Reply: EDGE programmer???? anyone