Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Edge vs. Superchips vs. Diablo

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2008, 1:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge vs. Superchips vs. Diablo

Does any of these tuners allow you to remove torque management? And change the shift points? I would really like the edge (I like the dash mounted pod and changes on the fly), but I havent seen anything that allows you to remove the torque management. I would really like to buy the edge but, If it doesnt provide any removal of torque management im not sure if im going to spend the money on one.
Old January 27th, 2008, 7:57 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts
Default RE: Edge vs. Superchips vs. Diablo

I haven't seen anything in my Superchips that talks about removing torque mgmt. But then I didn't specifically look for it and would be hesitant to use it. My racecar is sitting in the garage awaiting reinstallation of engine and tranny. Torque mgmt on it is handled by the clutch.

Might try asking the different vendors if no one here responds.
Old January 27th, 2008, 9:30 PM
CF Active Member

alright thanks...im not necessarily looking to remove it all, but a healthy percentage of it.
Old January 28th, 2008, 3:59 AM
e
CF Senior Member

I have the edge and it doesn't remove it. Overall the programmer works quite well.From a dead stop or slow rolling start the management system is still there. Also there are no settings to decrease or remove the settings. Im glad its there at times. 24's and slick streets do not mix to well........
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

In all honesty, no programmers are going to modify your torque management, just basically your ignition & timing curves and advance. Plus they do the other options such as speedo and transmission settings and all. They will help you gain power, performance, and economy. To answer your subject question, Edge will offer you the most power, performance, quality, and adjustability...

But if you really want to modify deep computer settings, you would need to have someone custom tune using HP Tuners or similar...
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default intake system

Jon, you wrote you can do yourself , Free up the restrictive intake system. How?? Also was going to do programmer but know?? , What do you think about removing some cat {not all} or installing a better muffler.
Old January 26th, 2010, 9:29 AM
CF Active Member

Currently no hand held can tune the TCM or do anything about torque mgmt. for the 6 speed trucks. I've been all through this and have waited patiently for the hand held solution from Black Bear. Still no release date. So for now, I agree, in person tuning is the way to go.
Old January 30th, 2010, 9:42 AM
CF Active Member

http://www.nelsonperformance.com/tuning.htm Check them out I got one for my 07NBS 6.0 & it is like night & day & they will remove TM up to 100% depending on your Motor & trans.

Charlie
Old February 7th, 2010, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Talking Ha!

Originally Posted by ogfalcon
Don't even waste your money on any of those programmers. Instead, take your vehicle to a reputable hi-po programmer and have them re-program your PCM. If you're in the South Texas area, Corey Henderson of Henderson Performance Technology is the best (http://www.hendersonperformance.com/). Just tell him that Jon Somogyi sent you, and that you want the $100.00 quick-tune special...you'll have a night and day difference in performance.

Hope that helps,
Jon Somogyi
Just convinced the wife to let me get an 07 LT/Z71 to tow behind the motorhome. I was already planning a trip to M&G outside of Athens for their aux braking system - now I have another reason to slip over there!!!