Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Electronic Spasm in Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2017, 6:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Spasm in Dashboard

We have a 2015 GMC Denali 3500 Dually. We are currently on vacation 500 miles from home. We are hauling a 16000 lb. 5th Wheel. We board the truck about 6 months ago from our dealer specifically to handle this load. It is still under the factory warranty as well as an extended warranty.
Soon after we bought the truck we began having issues with the Stabilitrack service warning, the light would flash and the bell would ring. The needles on the dash gauges would jump. We took it in and the replaced a computer board. It started up again on a trip the same day we picked it up. We took it back, they did something and it seemed to work for a while. It started up again. We took it back, they "found a short under the dash." It would fine for a month or so, but we don't drive it very much. We are now on our trip and pulling our camper. The following things are occurring: The air conditioner cycles on and off, the gauges are jumping, the stabilitrack warning light and chime are going off, as well as other warning lights, the cruise control turns off by itself and the radio turns on by itself. The most worrisome thing was on I85 when the read end began clunking as the instruments were resetting. The only pattern we could detect was that it seemed to happen each time we hit a large bump in the road, but not every time. I am 500 miles from home, should I take into a service station up here?