Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2007, 4:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust tips

I need honest opinions on my new exhaust tips. I had a Magna flow dual exhaust put on. I am not sure I like they way they put the tips on. I am starting to get use to it but I would like to know what other people think.
Some people say whos cares what others think, yet I think thats why we fix up our vehicles, so other people look and go Wow!!.
Any how let me know.
Thx

P.S. Biglg, here are the pics with a lowered Tahoe and mudflaps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/ABDF30E43D964DEB8326C495033961A0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/A38A43358EB84267B157ADC51041CAF4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/57A5CCA69DB6408DBF5811D6F637F0D0.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 24th, 2007, 4:46 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust tips

I really like the level, lowered look. Hopefully someone will come out with one for LTZs w/ Autoride that doesn't trip all kinds of alarms. As far as the tips go, I'm more of a straight out under the bumper rather than the corners but still looks OK. Watch the bumper cover right above the tips for heat damage as the tips look close but might just be the pic angle.

$64?? How's the sound level at cruise?

Did they have to remove/bend/reconfigure anything for the driver side pipe? Also did they have to cut your stock exhaust to get it off?
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:11 PM
CF Active Member

Hey Shark, Thanks. Sound level at cruise is great. Its just like everyone on here said, loud when you want it to be, but not when cruising down the highway.
I am watching those corners for any damage, it is close. It looks like the drivers side pipe has about four bends to go around the other side of the spare tire.

You know I put this same kit on a friends Denali (I think same as LTZ) withno realproblems. When I bent his sensor rods I bent them to much and had to go back and fix it. Other than that he has had no problems.
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big, it looks good. I still see that you have the same thing going on as me. Depends on where you park the angle of the truck is different. Im getting used to it. Did your buddys truck come up from the back some? When I installed my magnaflow catback my tip was touching the fender. I had to get longer exhaust hangers from my local parts dealer and install them. Now I have about 1" clearance. I recommend you keep a close eye. The heat may damage the paint if its too close.
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:36 PM
CF Active Member

Hey P_Rs, yes the rear of my buddies did come back up after I unbent the sensor rods a little. It looks like mine now, level. His still sits about 3/4's on an inch or so higher than mine. I think its cause of the auto-ride.
Thanks
Old February 24th, 2007, 5:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the exhaust tips going out as they are. Straigth out is old school and looks better on trucks. I like it how it is. But I TOOO agree that it might cause some damage to the bumper!

Your vehicle is looking sharp!
Old February 25th, 2007, 2:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Biggmon, I like your set up of your tail pipes, looks sweet...
Old February 25th, 2007, 2:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking good - do you have a scrapping issues going up inclined driveways (Hitting the road with your exhaust pipes) etc...?
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:39 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the look of the exhaust tips and the rest of the package for that matter, a very clean and nice looking Tahoe INMHO.

Old February 25th, 2007, 2:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the look of the angled pipes. Straight out the back looks too "high school". This looks factory. Keep us posted on the heat concern - if you don't experience any scorching I'm going to do it as well. I think these tipswill look hot on my hoe once I finish the Esky lights.

Quick Reply: Exhaust tips