Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

External light "Module" pushed in

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2016, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default External light "Module" pushed in

I am new to the forum and hoping I can solve a problem with my 2010 Suburban. To the far left of the dash, there is a round **** that allows me to adjust the settings for my external lights. There is another one next to it that controls the dome light settings and dash board brightness, etc. As it turns out, those two modules are actually connected or a single unit (not sure which). When I got into my truck yesterday, I noticed that my dome lights did not come on, and that entire unit was pushed back into dash. I can't figure out a way to pull it back into place. I was tempted to remove some panels to see if I could get access to it, however, I was afraid I might mess something else up. I have no idea how it got pushed back, as I am usually the only driver of this vehicle. Regardless, I need to figure out how to get it back into place. Anyone ever run into this before? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old January 28th, 2016, 9:26 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Can you post a picture? you are saying the entire module is pushed in, or just the button for the dome lights? The dome light button does push in and out....

If the whole module, perhaps a retaining clip broke?
Attached Thumbnails External light "Module" pushed in-capture.jpg  
Old January 29th, 2016, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The entire module was pushed in. I was able to remove the fuse panel on the side of the dash and get my hand in far enough to push the module back in place. However, it did not "snap in", so if I push on it from the front, it would go back to where it was. Therefore, the retaining clip most likely did break. It is working at this point, and I now know how to get to it, if it gets pushed in again, so I may just leave it until I have to take the truck in for something else. Thanks for the reply. BTW, I tried posting a picture, but it didn't work. I clicked on the "browse my computer" button to upload a photo, but it just spun for a while and eventually said "not responding", so I had to shut down my browser.

Last edited by SpartanSlim; January 29th, 2016 at 7:16 AM.