Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Face lift and buttlift for Hoe

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2006, 1:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Face lift and buttlift for Hoe

ORIGINAL: tonyH

Does anyone have the GM part number and cost? I think I need to purchase a few with hopes of getting one to look good!
2007 LTZ
BigLG bought a second front bowtie. I think he said $30 from the dealer. I'm sure he'll see this and get you the part number

Old December 29th, 2006, 6:33 PM
CF Addict

I busted the heck out of my rear bowtie trying to get it off so I had the chrome bottom.

I do not know the part number for the front bowtie, that is what I ordered.I just asked the dealership to get me one and they looked it up for me. Sorry! In fact I never got it, it is still at the dealership. I think I have decided to stick with chrome bowties.
Old December 30th, 2006, 1:14 AM
CF Addict

HEY GUYS. I forgot I have an extra factory front bowtie emblem I can sell. It is used, however isnt beat up or anything. If you guys want to paint around on it I will sell it to you.

If you are interested I will take $30 bucks shipped. Like I mentioned, i purchased these bowties thinking I was going to try different painting methods but have decided to stay chrome. PM or email me if you want it for $30 shipped. First come first serve!
Old June 3rd, 2007, 3:13 PM
CF Veteran

I get emails and PMs about this alot so I thought I would bring this back to the top.

The only info you may need that didn't appear on the orignal post was that you have to be careful when you tape off to keep the paint off of the mounting area and you will have to scrape the paint on the small ***** that attach the smaller arms to the large arm. (You'll see when you disassemble.) If you don't it may not flex freely and stay against window. Test it out for free movement when you first assemble before you reinstall.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/893F1E431C364CD38B62099B761881B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3763/CB04BD20128A4A1DA8029840EA488D0E.jpg[/IMG]
Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a how to on removing the front and rear bowties for painting. I would like to do this with my Suburban and need to know how to get those emblems off without a problem. Any help you guys could provide would be greatful. Thanks
Old June 4th, 2007, 9:12 PM
CF Veteran

For the Front. Open hood and reach hand inside to reach the two speed nuts behind bowtie. I was able to turn them by hand. If they are tight you MAY need to get a socket on them. Once the speed nuts are off, the bowtie will pull off. It is still held by SMALL pieces of tape but will pull right off.

The rear is different. The outer yellow portion is taped on to the chrome backer but much better. Let it sit in sun or use blowdryer to warm it. Slide a credit card or thin scraper under yellow part to pry it off. I pulled mine and it snapped because I didn't heat it. The rear chrome portion is glued on and can be removed but it will reveal two holes in the painted part of rear gate.

You can remove the yellow part and paint it and reattach it to the chrome.
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Another method to removing the rear emblem (or any other trim using 3M tape) is to warm with hair dryer and use a piece of fishing line to basically saw the tape. This avoids stressing the emblem.
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the information. I'll try my front bowtie this weekend to see how everything goes. The rear one will have to wait cause I live in an apartement and I'm sure I can't get my wife's blow dryer to reach our parking lot....LOL. One more question, where did you guys find the paint to use for your bowties? did you go to Walmart, or Autozone for the paint? Also how can I find my paint code for my truck?
Old June 6th, 2007, 8:49 PM
CF Veteran

You can order on-line if you want the better stuff. Alot of people got good results with the Duplicolor cans. I used www.Paintscratch.com base and clear for most stuff. www.Paintworldinc.com was good too.

What color is your truck?

ANTIQUE BRONZE MET

BERMUDA BLUE MET

BLACK

DARK MING BLUE MET

GOLD MIST MET

GRAYSTONE MET

OLYMPIC WHITE

SILVER BIRCH MET

SPORT RED MET
Old January 18th, 2008, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Those look great! So after I get the bowties off the truckam I to just painting the underside of the bowtie? Does that paint just cover the yellow or do I just go ahead and paint the top/ face of the bowtie? After the paint is there a clearcoat that should be applied? Was hoping there was some brands that could be recommended that I could buy locally.Sorry if I'm making this more difficult, was just hoping someone that had completed this could give me some step by step instructions...

Quick Reply: Face lift and buttlift for Hoe