Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

factory matching paint

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2006, 6:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: factory matching paint

That's my plan also.
Old December 12th, 2006, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this reply is a little late, but I'm new to this forum so bare with me . Anyway, no matter what color you are looking for it is possible to get it custom made. You just have to find the right place to do it. For example, here at Paintworldinc.com we have a database of every color for every car that ever exsisted. This includes any alternate shades caused by fading or factory differences. As long as you have a color code, make, model, year, and VIN we can make the paint with out any issue. Even if you don't have any of this information, we can send you a chip book with over 600 different shades of the color family you are looking for. Each color has a formula number that tells us the "recipe" of the paint. So in short, no matter what you are looking for, the right place can get you what you need.

To be honest, I'm on this forum because I read too many posts about problems people have from being mis-informed and end up with a headache. So if anyone reading this has any questions at all about automotive paint, refinishing, body work etc, don't hesitate to ask me. Thanks

-Mike
Old December 13th, 2006, 1:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I've purchased factory matching paint on the internet before with good results. I just hate having to pay $24-$30 dollars a can for base color. I already have paintscratch primers and clear coat. I was hoping to get a cheaper way out. I guess you get what you pay for though. For underhood stuff and the front bowtie I dont really need the high dollar stuff. I was planning on doing portions off the roof rack and another "special" project to the outside so I guess i should get the good stuff.
Old December 13th, 2006, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happen to know, cuz thats my job, that paint scratch uses ChromaBase basecoat.....same as paintworldinc.com. The difference? You wont pay $30 a can at Paintworld. You'll pay $19.95 and get top-notch customer service with it. With some things you do pay for what you get and the more expensive stuff is better. In this case it does not apply.

-Mike