Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

First Suburban: Someone Tell Me I Can Calm Down

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2013, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

List is growing

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="560"><colgroup><col width="560"></colgroup><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height:15.0pt;width:420pt" height="20" width="560">Service Stabilitrak / Service Traction Control System OBD Codes C0455 & C0196
</td> </tr></tbody></table>
Old June 25th, 2013, 6:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe In NY
trainwreck91,
The pcv valve replacement will take care of or cut down on oil consumption?

And yeah, its gets frustrating at times with this car. Bought it on my last day in Texas from our friends by subtracting the difference between the 02 and the 07. Had 50K Texas daily driver miles. And boy can I say the north is harsh on cars. Our 02 didn't have nearly a lick of rust with 100k. Not even the chrome that many people seem to have a problem with.

I had read a few postings on different forums that the pcv valve might be stuck in the open position. And can be the cause for the excessive consumption. Try googling it. Also the pcv valves have no moving parts so don't expect it to rattle when u shake it like traditional ones.

What made you leave texas?? To come to sh/tty NY. I was down in DFW last summer and loved it. Was actually thinking about moving down there so I went to check it out. You can buy a mansion for half of what a ny apt costs. Amazing how clean it is and the people are so nice! Plus it's a pro gun state. Which to me means less crime. But I only spent a week there so I didn't really live it. But seems to me the q.o.l. Is so much better. Still contemplating the move??? Lmk your thoughts on it. U can pm me if your not comfortable expressing on the forum. Thx
Old June 25th, 2013, 9:51 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I moved to get out of Bell Helicopter and got into LockHeed Martin. Unfortunately I was on the presidential helicopter but thanks to the *** in white house that horribly conducted project was put to an end. So, now I drive 1hr 10min each way from Binghamton to Syracuse. Plus, almost all of my family is in the north east. And we still enjoy Keuka lake every weekend. But yeah, housing blows up here. Sold my house for $240k bought a piece of **** one up here for $280k. Both built 1989. Texas one, custom, all high end. NY one, cheap builder grade everything from 1989. Old house, 104 Royal Oak Dr, Aledo, TX 76008. It was for sale a while ago. I kept that place in great shape. The new owners let it go to hell . So, how it looks now is horrible compared to how it was when I owned it. Went from huge rooms, including a 17X17 master bedroom, huge bathroom, and huge *** walk in closet to small room with tiny closet, and old crappy out dated bathrooms. My house now is still just a house. Not even really home to my kids after 4 years. And to top it off, higher taxes, lower income, higher fuel prices, etc. Boy NY sucks to live in...

Sorry about the rant... But I will look into the pcv valve.
Joe
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah tell me about it! i keep asking myself why i'm still here??? always been a city boy and thought i would never leave NY, but after getting older and having kids, boy does your outlook change! yeah the taxes are ridiculous...and for what sh/itty *** built like crap homes??? but all the fam and business is here. but believe me i'm working on it!

sorry to 1stburb for hijacking the thread

and let us know how the pcv thing works! keep us updated